Windows .exe NEI crashing on 'u'

Fobok

Jul 29, 2019
I'm running Direwolf20 pack, 1.0.14, but I've ported in a number of other mods that may be conflicting. However, I have no idea how to read these crash reports to figure out what the conflict may be. Can anybody please help?

Attachments

• crash-2014-02-07_01.19.47-server.txt
    37.5 KB · Views: 40
  • crash-2014-02-07_01.19.51-client.txt
    42.7 KB · Views: 48

Fobok

Jul 29, 2019
With a couple of exceptions, yeah, I mainly just copied files over from Monster pack. Anyway, I did as you suggested and disabled the excess mods, and it worked. So, I reactivated them one by one until I found the problem mod: Rotarycraft. So, just removed that mod for now.

Thanks

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
With a couple of exceptions, yeah, I mainly just copied files over from Monster pack. Anyway, I did as you suggested and disabled the excess mods, and it worked. So, I reactivated them one by one until I found the problem mod: Rotarycraft. So, just removed that mod for now.

Thanks
It looks like you have something wrong with your forge installation, as neither log has either RotaryCraft or NEI code, but a whole lot of forge code.

belgabor

Jul 29, 2019
Had the exact same issue here. If you look deeper you'll probably also notice that a lot of recepies are missing (several for the TE fluid transposer and induction smelter are the ones I noticed). I fixed it by setting
Code:
    B:"Force Inter-Mod Ore Compatibility"=false
in rotarycraft.cfg. All the recepies work now and NEI no longer crashes for reverse lookups. (I also turned off engine sound while I was editing the config, but I don't think that was causing the issue)

Only drawback I saw so far is that some extractor mod-integration recepies don't work and/or give unusable items (namely I noticed qCraft and Thaumcraft), so you need to be a bit careful there. I also crashed when trying to look up the fermenter recepie for yeast, but that's a minor issue for me for being able to play a mod I so far like pretty much =)

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
Had the exact same issue here. If you look deeper you'll probably also notice that a lot of recepies are missing (several for the TE fluid transposer and induction smelter are the ones I noticed). I fixed it by setting
Code:
    B:"Force Inter-Mod Ore Compatibility"=false
in rotarycraft.cfg. All the recepies work now and NEI no longer crashes for reverse lookups. (I also turned off engine sound while I was editing the config, but I don't think that was causing the issue)

Only drawback I saw so far is that some extractor mod-integration recepies don't work and/or give unusable items (namely I noticed qCraft and Thaumcraft), so you need to be a bit careful there. I also crashed when trying to look up the fermenter recepie for yeast, but that's a minor issue for me for being able to play a mod I so far like pretty much =)
That option only does two things:
One, it adds recipes for my items to be converted into the other mod's items. This is not the issue.
Two, it does register some other mod's ores to the Ore Dictionary (as the Extractor would not otherwise be able to use them). This includes ThaumCraft ore, Ars Magica ore, and several others. I have no idea why this would break the TE recipes, but you are not the first to find that (though you are the first to fix it by changing that setting). Others found that removing qCraft fixed that issue; perhaps it modifies something?

lavarthan

Jul 29, 2019
Does anyone know how to contact dan200?
Not sure about how other mod developers can get a hold of him there might be another way maybe IRC or something. This is what he lists as his contact info from the computer craft page. See the twitter page for 'professional enquiries' (sic)

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
Not sure about how other mod developers can get a hold of him there might be another way maybe IRC or something. This is what he lists as his contact info from the computer craft page. See the twitter page for 'professional enquiries' (sic)
His gmail is for actual real-world contact (like a potential employer) and the latter is unusable to someone without Twitter.