need some suggestions to kill my chickens.

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Jeff Fisher

Jul 29, 2019
Well I made a barn and set up a egg farm and I can easily set up a system to collect the eggs and shoot them back into the pit with a dispenser to keep repopulating the chickens but I need a way to kill them..

What do you think the easiest or most effective way to kill the chickens in my chicken farm would be? Sometihng that killed them all off at once then I would push the dispensor button and fire a bunch more in let them grow and come back and kill them all again..

Ideas? Maybe a tesla coil? lol i dunno

DONT Mind all the death marks lol I dead a bunch before this Screeny.. As I'm sure you can tell...

20130104223044.png

ItharianEngineering

Jul 29, 2019
You could funnel them into a 1x1 block and have a melee turtle attack them and use obsidian pipes or something to grab the drops for you. Simplest way I can think of.

lazaruz76

Jul 29, 2019
I suggest checking monkeyfarm out on youtube. His second world LP contains a chicken cooker that uses a dispenser with lava bucket that pulses twice to kill AND COOK the chickens. They are funneled to a one block wide pit then fried. the result is lots of cooked chicken for him to eat. Yes he played vanilla but the method is sound and may be made easier using Redpower.

Daemonblue

Jul 29, 2019
If it's still in the game there's the igniter block from rp2. When you give it a signal it'll set the block in front of it on fire, give it a signal again and it'll put it out. This way you could corral all the chickens in one spot, set all on fire, then put out the fire and watch em cook to death.

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
you can make this a whole lot smaller by just having the chickens in a 1x1x2 area with a transposer beneath. you could even set it up so that the transposer puts the collected eggs into a tube, going into an item detector that goes into a deployer. connect the item detector and deployer with 2 pieces of red alloy wire so whenever an egg goes through the item detector, the redstone pulse activates the deployer. have the deployer shoot into a 1x1x2 or 1x1x3 area, with at the bottom a RP ignite that you can activate with a button. the chickens have a low health that one button press on the igniter is enough to kill them. if you want to make it a bit more automated, you could also put a transposer on the side with the igniter to suck up the dropped items.

but if you really want to get more advanced, you could completely automate this using a timer and counter. do note, if you have alot of chickens at the top, the deployer might get filled with eggs that could not be fired in time, so you may want to put another transposer or filter on that running a different timer.

frederikam

Jul 29, 2019
In case you want an attack turtle, this code is all you need.
Code:
while true do
    turtle.attack()
    sleep(1)
end
Remember you can stop the program by holding down Ctrl and T.

MilConDoin

Jul 29, 2019
Let the collected eggs feed into a chest. When chest is full, activate the death contraption of your choice. After a while when everything should be dead (funnel the collected feathers + chicken meat into a different container), shoot a few stacks of the eggs back into your watery chicken coop to repopulate it. Drain the egg chest completely (should be empty long before the first baby chicken grows up), now stop the draining. Let the cycle repeat.
This way you should get eggs, feathers + chicken meat without any manual interaction.

Evil Hamster

Jul 29, 2019
I always used the old fashioned lava blade. I plan on trying to automate the process a bit more now that there are timers available from redpower, but haven't gotten around to building it in my current world yet.

Exe19

Jul 29, 2019
You can also suffocate them using some sticky pistons, red alloy wire and RP logic.