Need ideas for a modpack.

Oratory

Jul 29, 2019
Hello everyone, been away from minecraft for a long time now, mainly due to being to bored of modpacks, as they often add to much too the game.

So what i've been thinking about is making a vanilla-like modpack, and just add a few mods to enhance the experience of vanilla minecraft, but i'm not really sure where to start.
So below i'm going to list what i'm interested in, and hopefully i can get some feedback from you guys on mod suggestions, or if it's possible to configure mods more to my liking.

I do like tinkers construct, but i don't like the idea of the infinite repairs of the tools, and i'm not sure if it's possible to disable that, and i would kinda like the vanilla enchanting mechanic for the tools instead of the one they have in TiC.

I will probably be running Railcraft, for a better ground transport system, but disable the tunnelbore if thats still in the mod, and possibly some other stuff, cant really remembers what in Railcraft anymore.

I would like some kind of farming mod, that actually makes farming harder, or rather something that makes farming take a lot more time. Because i don't like the idea of having a 3x3 wheat field that can feed you indefinitely.

Something that makes you want to explore more, like a dungeon mod, but i'm not sure about it, as i guess a lot of the dungeon mods just throw treasure at you, so it becomes a bit to easy to get stuff that way.

Possibly a mod that makes you able to travel by air, not yetpacks, more like airplanes, but flans mod adds a bit to much, but i guess you can disable most of the things in that modpack, and if i remember correctly, it's kinda cheap, as i want air travel to be somewhat costly, fuel wise.

I would like to lower the spawn rate of ore as well, too about 10-30% of current,but make the veins 2-3x bigger, as well as being able to process cobble to get out some extra resources that way, so that you actually have a reason to collect all the cobble.
Possibly just making it so you can process cobble, and not change the spawn-rate of ore.

Some kind of aesthetic mod, so you can customize your builds some more.

And i think thats about it, if you have any ideas on mods that will keep it somewhat close to vanilla let me know.

RedBoss

Jul 29, 2019
Take a look at the Strawberry Vanilla modpack on ATLAUNCHER. It should have a mod listing that sorta suits your goals.

Reactions: RealSketch

RealSketch

Jul 29, 2019
ORESPAWN!!! BWAAAAAA
That would be all
I myself don't like OreSpawn.
It really is too big a mod, and is made up of just random ideas.
The bosses and enemies ruin every other mod, and it is too much of a challenge to face.
But, it's your decision. :)

Oratory

Jul 29, 2019
Orespawn sounds nothing like the vanilla-like experience i'm looking for. It sounds more like something that would totally ruin the vanilla experience.

RealSketch

Jul 29, 2019
Orespawn sounds nothing like the vanilla-like experience i'm looking for. It sounds more like something that would totally ruin the vanilla experience.
It does ruin the experience! :p
Go for something unique though!

RealSketch

Jul 29, 2019
If you're really struggling for ideas, Agrarian Skies has a wide range of mods that might interest you, plus, as it has built up so much hype you'll get feedback on the modpack and mods almost everywhere on here.

Oratory

Jul 29, 2019
If you're really struggling for ideas, Agrarian Skies has a wide range of mods that might interest you, plus, as it has built up so much hype you'll get feedback on the modpack and mods almost everywhere on here.

Well, i do have a basic idea of a few mods i want, and could probably set it up right now if i want to, But i'm simply looking for more ideas right now, as i'm not really in a "hurry" to start playing minecraft again.
And even though i like Agrarian Skies, i want to keep the server low on mods, so it's probably a better idea for me, to just find the interesting mods and set it up myself, than going through a modpack and disabling/removing the ones i don't like

And one of the reasons i want as few mods as possible, is so i can easily keep the mods up to date.

pam's harvestcraft?
Natura?
Solstice?

Solstice, as in the modjam mod? Because that would be interesting, but is that something they are planing to continue to update?
Natura is something i will look into for sure, and Pam's harvestcraft as well.

tetshio

Jul 29, 2019
You could add HQM so that players can have a sense of what to do or an objective. And spice of life if you want to make it harder for players that rely on just one food source, like you said, " Because i don't like the idea of having a 3x3 wheat field that can feed you indefinitely. "

pc_assassin

Jul 29, 2019
For flight how about archimedes ships and for enhancing vanilla fancy fences and food plus

Sent From My HTC EVO SUPERSONIC Using Tapatalk 2

pc_assassin

Jul 29, 2019
You could also try the ruins mod and the battle towers mod

Sent From My HTC EVO SUPERSONIC Using Tapatalk 2

Zeeth_Kyrah

Jul 29, 2019
CoFH Core lets you adjust ore spawn rate and vein size, and is a requirement for Thermal Expansion. Extra Utilities for 1.7 can let you craft a ring of flight, apparently, though I don't know if that is dev-only or released yet.

Vasa

Jul 29, 2019
CoFH Core lets you adjust ore spawn rate and vein size, and is a requirement for Thermal Expansion. Extra Utilities for 1.7 can let you craft a ring of flight, apparently, though I don't know if that is dev-only or released yet.
Angel Ring* and it works very, very good! :)