Need Help with Power Armor, Please!

HelleBelle

Jul 29, 2019
I have the jetpack installed on my Power Armor Chest. I have no issue getting up into the air, but I move MUCH too fast going in all directions but up and down. It's extremely hard to get anything done when I'm flying across the map like a humming bird on crack. I've tried using my flight assist on my helm, adding the jet boots to my boots and fiddling with the thrust on both the chest and boot jets, but if I turn the thrust up enough to gain altitude, I move way too fast to even see where I'm going. It's fantastic when I'm flying across land to get somewhere, but trying to clear out my resource hill in the twilight forest is near impossible.

I used the advanced electric jetpack before, is there a way to set the power armor jetpack to imitate the speed of the advanced electric one? I don't really want to switch out my chest to my advanced electric jetpack for clearing out hills, as I've grown quite fond of the "armor" aspect of the power armor.

LoGaL

Aug 4, 2013
youcan regulate the jet pack speed on the tinkering table
That's the only thing you can do.... However, you will be slower while moving across land

HelleBelle

Jul 29, 2019
I just logged in to check, the only option I am given is thrust. If I have enough thrust to actually leave the ground, I zoom away. My armor, in total, weighs 8kg, if that helps any.

TheUnholyTaco

Jul 29, 2019
Here are some things I've found useful in your situation:

* Sprint Speed: Do you have the Sprint Assist on your legs? Essentially, your Sprint Speed is your Horizontal Flight Speed. Sprint Assist/Haste/Boots of the Traveller CAN affect horizontal movement speed with the Power Suit Jetpack. Try turning these down/unequipping when you want to do precision flight.

* Weight: Heavier Suits slow down horizontal movement. Turn off the Compensator for any Sprint Assist you might have and increase anything that would increase weight (batteries, plates, heat sinks, etc.). This will reduce flight speed dramatically.

* Hovering: If movement speed isn't your only problem, try installing the Flight Control into your Helmet. It allows for Hovering and less of a "bouncy" flight.

Install the Mobile Adjuster (I forget what it's called but it allows you to change Module settings in the field) on the Power Fist so you can adjust settings on the fly without having to go back to base constantly. Use the speed to get where you're going, then adjust for slowdown/mining procedures, and finally adjust back to speed to get outta Dodge.

Hope this helps.

Omegatron

Mar 29, 2013
England
Jet boots controls horizontal speed, jetpack controls vertical ascent/descent.

That is completely wrong, they both act identically but the jetpack has double the maximum thrust.

If you have flight control installed and active you can hold shift to move slower, I don't know if that does anything when flight control is off.

kaiomann

Jul 29, 2019
I'd say, if you got the stuff, you should get a Gravi chest. It's highly expensive, but nothing comes close to creative flight :)

PierceSG

Jul 29, 2019
That is completely wrong, they both act identically but the jetpack has double the maximum thrust.

If you have flight control installed and active you can hold shift to move slower, I don't know if that does anything when flight control is off.
Just try it, I did. With the flight control installed, tweaking with the output of those 2 modules let you get the speed you want.

For travelling, I have them maxed. When I need finer controls while I am building, I tweaked them lower and have better control.

So for people trying to build while flying wearing MPS, go toy with the settings and not just go for the max.

Omegatron

Mar 29, 2013
England
Just try it, I did. With the flight control installed, tweaking with the output of those 2 modules let you get the speed you want.

For travelling, I have them maxed. When I need finer controls while I am building, I tweaked them lower and have better control.

So for people trying to build while flying wearing MPS, go toy with the settings and not just go for the max.

A jetpack on half behaves exactly the same as jetboots on full, if it behaves differently it is a bug. Machinemuse herself has said this.

Y

yNemesys

Hello,so I am having this trouble on my power suit,when Im flying aiming at the sky I csn fly straight,but when I aim down I go down like a glider but really fast.

Anyone knows what might be the problem?!

Details:

Weight: 18 Kg
No glider module installed
Jetpack/jetboots- max thrust
I have a keybind only for jetpack

O

Olegbragunov

Have the same problem. Very unwieldy flight controls.