Too Much Free Time
- Nov 11, 2013
You really should use the spreadsheet I linked to you once already when designing your turbines:Ok, I got some success to report. My original passive reactor did about 42000 RF/tick. I switched it to active and checked what the steam output was with a nullifier at the end and it came at 8000 mb/tick. That means that I should be able to power about 4 turbines with that amount of steam (given the maximum of 2000 mb/tick per turbine).
So I build two turbines already. 7x7x16 in dimension. 4 coils of enderium blocks and 80 rotor blades. I used tesseracts to pump steam into them and water out into the reactor. I used transfer node for the initial input of water into the bigreactor.
Each turbine gives about 20900 RF/tick so that means that my two turbines are about as good now as my original passive reactor. Both turbines are set at 1800 mb/tick steam input which seems to give the best result. So that means I'm not even using half of the steam so I should be able to add two more turbines to this setup. I will try this soon.
Thanks for all the advice!
With 4 Enderium coils you only need 70 blades, using 1732mB/t of steam @1800 RPM.
If you have more steam to spare you should step it up to a:
9 coils, 80 blades, 1953mB/t @900 RPM or,
5 coils, 88 blades, 2165mB/t @1800 RPM
Deviating from the 900 or 1800 RPM is going to wreck your efficiency.