Need help limiting light sources

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Emblin

Jul 29, 2019
On the modpack I've been working on for fun, the main theme is darkness. And the only way I want people to obtain light is by using a wireless light, instead of torches or fire, or glowstone.

Does anyone know a way to disable, or at least lower, the amount of light given from things like torches, glowstone, and fire.

Also, I would like to know a way to disable fire from staying forever on netherrack.

mattp_12

Jul 29, 2019
On the modpack I've been working on for fun, the main theme is darkness. And the only way I want people to obtain light is by using a wireless light, instead of torches or fire, or glowstone.

Does anyone know a way to disable, or at least lower, the amount of light given from things like torches, glowstone, and fire.

Also, I would like to know a way to disable fire from staying forever on netherrack.
You could just, ya know, disable torches, glowstone, and make flint and steel uncraftable. I believe that there is a mod to change what drops when you break a block, so that could partially help with the glowstone... Not sure about the fire on netherrack change.

Emblin

Jul 29, 2019
You could just, ya know, disable torches, glowstone, and make flint and steel uncraftable. I believe that there is a mod to change what drops when you break a block, so that could partially help with the glowstone... Not sure about the fire on netherrack change.

I really don't want to disable torches, glowstone, or flint and steel because they dont just make light.. They can also be used for crafting, and by disabling them I might make certain recipes unavailable.

Renton Terrace

Jul 29, 2019
sprinkles for vanilla has a config for changing the amount of light emitted from any block/torch/etc
may not work for fire

Emblin

Jul 29, 2019
sprinkles for vanilla has a config for changing the amount of light emitted from any block/torch/etc
may not work for fire

Are you sure? I checked the configs pretty hard, before and after you suggested it, and I never found any option regarding light emitted.

Renton Terrace

Jul 29, 2019
it's named badly but it's like this
blocks {
# In this list, write a list of blocks which you would like to change the default value. There is no metadata support in this.
# So the format is modname:blockname, lightlevel. Putting a # in front comments it out
S:blockLightValues <
#minecraft:glowstone, 0
#minecraft:torch, 12
>
}
at least I think that's what this does never used it myself

Last edited:

Emblin

Jul 29, 2019
it's named badly but it's like this
blocks {
# In this list, write a list of blocks which you would like to change the default value. There is no metadata support in this.
# So the format is modname:blockname, lightlevel. Putting a # in front comments it out
#minecraft:glowstone, 0
#minecraft:torch, 12
>
}
at least I think that's what this does never used it myself

Oh this is very strange. My version of Sprinkles For Vanilla doesn't even have a blocks config area AT ALL, what you have shown me is definitely not located in mine.

I am asking a lot of you now, but can you please tell me what mod version it is you have?

****EDIT****
I FOUND THE UPDATED VERSION AND IT HAS THE LIGHT CONFIG. AAAARGH! I'm so happy now, one of the biggest issues with my modpack seems to be solved.

Last edited:

Emblin

Jul 29, 2019
Welp. I can't figure out why it isn't working as I had hoped...

Here is what I have in my config:

blocks {
minecraft:glowstone, 2
minecraft:torch, 2

>
}