Need a method of teleporting cows.

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
No, you don't need to know why. You just need to make it happen.

I have a plan that requires the movement of a herd of cows from point A directly to point B, point B being distant and...not at sea level.

I tried pushing one through a tesseract and the results were...distressing.
Likewise magic mirrors, that just did bugger all.

So what devices are there I can use to make my dream of Bovine Locomotion come true?

namiasdf

Jul 29, 2019
Mystcraft crystal portals.

You can put them horizontally, MFR conveyor belt your herd... ??????... Profit (most likely).

Reactions: Racemol

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
oh god no :O

in any case my way to teleport cows is in ender chests...
Dartcraft and force flasks, for one. MFR has safari balls nets for such a task as well. XU and a Golden Lasso system...
And of course any other way to make cows into items one can hold and convert back into entities.

Reactions: madnewmy

iNd3x

Jul 29, 2019
i suggest using mffs like direwolf20 did it for moving a 9x9, but do it with a smaller area for power efficiency, you can even ride along too!

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
i suggest using mffs like direwolf20 did it for moving a 9x9, but do it with a smaller area for power efficiency, you can even ride along too!
I suggest never doing things the way Direwolf20 does things if one can do it literally any other way.

That said, ME Spatial Storage is another option.

iNd3x

Jul 29, 2019
I don't know what he's building, if it's for something like a prank, or a cool visual build, the animation mffs makes when teleporting is cool IMO
Up to him though!

Narc

Jul 29, 2019
you need to cut them first
And now, for some reason, I want to be able to turn mobs into blocks and have some way to turn them back into mobs again. Maybe make them beacon-capable -- beacon made of blocks of creeper, anyone?

Bibble

Jul 29, 2019
If you're wanting a complete system, I would reccomend:

A fenced area with conveyors pushing the cows into a 1x1 area. An autonomous activator pointing at that 1x1 area, with itemducts leading in and out (the in ones with an empty safari net whitelisted, out ones with an empty net blacklisted). Your item transport of choice (for effect, you can throw the safari net into a magic mirror, or, I think my favourite, a chest-chain of golems moving one to the other, and bringing the empty nets back.

A similar setup on the other end, releasing the cows into the grinder of doom/luxurious shag pad/transmutation surgery of horror/other hideous contraption.

Things I would like you to go check:
1. Can an activator launch a safari net launcher?
2. Is a launched safari net considered an item by the magic mirror?