Need a faster way to pull items from enderchests

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

twisto51

Jul 29, 2019
With 2 enderchests on a max-size bore I was able to pull items out fast enough with 6 filters on a matching enderchest. Theoretical max on the bore is what, ~512 blocks every 2-3 seconds(redstone/lapis will push it a bit higher now and then, perhaps). Your filters can pull a stack every second(or a hair faster).

If I were to build one today on Unleashed with MFFS it would be a bit more complicated. Transition planes, storage bus, enderchest. Probably use routers into interfaces at the other end, or a bunch of precision imports. I had one going for awhile but it had a bad habit of eating one of its motors now and then and I got tired of replacing the motor and all the upgrades.

Zealstarwind

Jul 29, 2019
Is it possible to use an AE system? I know my AE can easily keep up with 2 full power quarries with no hassle at all and I'd say the amount of material coming in is insane.

twisto51

Jul 29, 2019
You can't do AE end to end. You have it on the bore, you have it back wherever you process stuff. The complex bit is getting the items from the bore to the base. Every example I've seen is enderchests on storage bus at the frame.

Darth_Ben17

Jul 29, 2019
have u tried just rigging an import bus straight t it? then set it to stack mode and u can have up to like 6 per chest xD

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Is it possible to use an AE system? I know my AE can easily keep up with 2 full power quarries with no hassle at all and I'd say the amount of material coming in is insane.
I match your two quarries and raise you a third quarry. It did get backed up once, but that was because of a ghost piece of Stone from a Spoils Bag. Watch out for those, they really clog up your AE Enderchest inputs. If only I still had RP2, my Sortron buffer would have skipped right over the problem item.

If you're a hard-core RP2 fan, would you be interested in my Sortron solution? It single-steps through the slots on an inventory pulling each slot in turn in a loop, with a 1-second delay between solts, so each slot has 27 seconds to consolidate the items in it. It removes the problem of a filter or sorting machine pulling a piece of cobble, and then pulling another piece of cobble that just appeared to replace it, and never getting as far as the 3rd or 4th slot in the chest. I think the latest version removes the delay if it has pulled a full stack so it speeds up if the chest is filling up quickly. My sortron acted as a buffer between my quarry enderchest and my sorting machines input enderchest, just transferring stacks of items from one to the other so that they sorting system had more full stacks of items and fewer itty bitty single cobbles and dirts.

zorn

Jul 29, 2019
Was redpower used more before AE came out? I basically went from buildcraft sorting and moved right to AE so that is how I progress in each world. By the time i would look at things like a sorting machine, im just building an AE network. But it seems lots of people use(d) redpower quite a bit. Is it because it was the best sorting system prior to AE coming around?

twisto51

Jul 29, 2019
That only pushes the bottleneck into a different place. If you're moving the items into AE, you could have 27 routers each targetting a different slot and outputting into ME Interfaces. But if it's feeding a RedPower2 tube network, you've got to get the items into the sorting machines.

Filters with inline sorting machines work great. The important thing there is to have the sorting machines attached via tube, not directly to inventories.[DOUBLEPOST=1380200114][/DOUBLEPOST]
Was redpower used more before AE came out?

Most people ended up with pneumatic tubes and walls of barrels. Some with routers as well, some without. :)

With AE in the picture you don't need the complex pre-sorting abilities that RP2 provides. With a searchable access terminal you don't really have to worry where your items are stored at all if you don't want to. It is just a matter of getting items into and out of the system which can be easily handled with enderchests/item tesseracts and AE's built-in methods.