Natura Redwood

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Saryec

Jul 29, 2019
Hi,

Im wondering if there is a way to make the tree grow with 4 sections instead of 3.
Since there are 2 types of Redwood trees, 11x11 and 13x13.
Is there a way to make this happen? Or is this just luck?

Thanks.

Gimply Goose

Jul 29, 2019
I've grown 3 of them and it seems to be just random. All I know is that it is a royal pain to chop one all the way down.

PierceSG

Jul 29, 2019
Since this is a topic regarding those big ass tree, anyone here can confirm the fact that Sakura Cherry saplings have a chance to mutate into those monstrous Redwood tree?
Because on my server, my base nearly got destroyed from on spawning in the middle of my two 9 by 9 Sakura Tree farm.

eric167

Jul 29, 2019
I've grown 3 of them and it seems to be just random. All I know is that it is a royal pain to chop one all the way down.
just don't use treecapitator or even a thaumcraft axe of the stream.
the lag will crash you out. big time. they also leave rather large holes in the ground.

Stigma311

Jul 29, 2019
Since this is a topic regarding those big ass tree, anyone here can confirm the fact that Sakura Cherry saplings have a chance to mutate into those monstrous Redwood tree?
Because on my server, my base nearly got destroyed from on spawning in the middle of my two 9 by 9 Sakura Tree farm.

I have seen not seen this let. those huge ass redwood trees. you know how ppl say that you need 47 in a 7x7 block. it seem that to be not true. I grow 5 of those trees in an role of 7 redwood tree saps

7 saps only

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019

Natura redwoods share the same Item ID as all the other Natura saplings. Something probably messed with it's damage value to make the sakura sapling become a redwood at it's growth.

Reactions: PierceSG

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
I think something's been said to Diyo but I can't remember. I've had and seen it happen. So far it's only been from sakura trees.

Which sucks since they grow the fastest of any tree. As a sidenote use ghostwood instead. It's nearly as fast.

Reactions: PierceSG

PierceSG

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks for the suggestions.

Ghostwood eh? Found in the Nether? Will give that a try. Currently using Magic tree, not as much yield and the growth isn't near what the sakura cherry is. But it is still a whole lot better than vanilla trees.

Cujospup

Jul 29, 2019

I came here specifically looking for this. I'd say it's confirmed. A friend and I were suspecting griefers. Since it was on both our sakura saplings plots I came looking for this. Switching to a new sapling! Thanks!