Mystcraft Question re: beds

DanteGalileo

Jul 29, 2019
So I'm just really starting to mess around with Mystcraft ages a bit. In the past I have only ever used it to quickly go back and forth between the nether and the overworld, nothing else.

So if I go to a new age using a descriptive book and set up a base camp there can I make a bed and sleep in it without messing up my primary world's respawn point? In other words, will each age have its own respawn point or, assuming I die in another age and set up/sleep in a bed will that only change the respawn point for that specific age?

Mero

Jul 29, 2019
If you die in a mystcraft world you respawn where the descriptive book placed you at the start of that world.

I have never made a bed in one but I don't see why it wouldn't work since it has it's own spawn.

Reactions: DanteGalileo

DVeagle74

Jul 29, 2019
Each age has its own set of spawns, default is wherever the book places you. Same as nether and end, but they have exploding bed syndrome.

Reactions: DanteGalileo

Icarus White

Jul 29, 2019
I don't actually think you can sleep in an Age yet, although I'm not too sure - I tried that in an older version; you simply don't fall asleep. Remembered wrong, see next post.