Mystcraft oil page

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Colensocon1

Jul 29, 2019
So i was reading a thread on the mystcraft oil page and think to myself this is a bit overpowered then i thought to myself about gregtech he nerfs most mods but he doesn't nerf Mystcraft? doesn't that seem a little odd is it because he's not allowed he doesn't want to or hasn't gotten around to it? this is not a GT Flame thread just wondering why he hasn't nerfed Mystcraft its like Greg nerfing IC2 And then not nurfing EE2 what do you guys think?

Lisranda

Jul 29, 2019
I'm not going to touch the GT portion of the discussion, but the Oil page brings with it massive instability that's difficult (not impossible) to control. You know the old standby of adding in a few Charged pages to control instability from a single Dense Ores? Well... good luck with that when you create an entire world full of flammable fluid. Once all loaded chunks are burning... RIP server.

loboca

Jul 29, 2019
GT doesn't "nerf" any other mods. He Does fix unlimited loops (autosmelt+fortune on non-ores).

Colensocon1

Jul 29, 2019
GT doesn't "nerf" any other mods. He Does fix unlimited loops (autosmelt+fortune on non-ores).
Like i said i don't want this to be a GT Flame thread so not gonna talk about that this was just a question on why he hasn't changed the recipe for any items in mystcraft basically.

loboca

Jul 29, 2019
Like i said i don't want this to be a GT Flame thread so not gonna talk about that this was just a question on why he hasn't changed the recipe for any items in mystcraft basically.
Mods that have different recipes when GT is installed have changed those recipes themselves. I think MPS is one, tho I really don't know (edit) which mods specifically do have those recipe changes.

Colensocon1

Jul 29, 2019
Mods that have different recipes when GT is installed have changed those recipes themselves. I think MPS is one, tho I really don't know (edit) which mods specifically do have those recipe changes.
Yes and this isn't a bug fix its a nerf i don't think anyone can deny that he nerfed that mod

whythisname

Jul 29, 2019
The thing about Mystcraft is that a lot of it depends on randomness. I mean getting pages is largely a random affair, trading and searching until you randomly come across whatever you're looking for (it's not like Iron where you dig down and know you will find it, it's a lot more random than that). And then writing a stable book involves luck and randomness as well, especially if you don't have every single page you need to make an age 100% stable.

All that randomness makes it very hard to balance. Someone can find the "OP" pages in the first village he finds, or it can take him weeks to get a few crummy pages.

Besides, I wouldn't be surprised if Greg just goes "Mystcraft doesn't fit with my mod, if you want the GT experience don't use it", which I would understand. I mean if you want a hard game with GT (which I assume you want if you use GT...) then why would you use a mod like Mystcraft to make things easier? It goes against the whole idea of a "hardcore" experience.

Quesenek

Jul 29, 2019
The thing about Mystcraft is that a lot of it depends on randomness. I mean getting pages is largely a random affair, trading and searching until you randomly come across whatever you're looking for (it's not like Iron where you dig down and know you will find it, it's a lot more random than that). And then writing a stable book involves luck and randomness as well, especially if you don't have every single page you need to make an age 100% stable.

All that randomness makes it very hard to balance. Someone can find the "OP" pages in the first village he finds, or it can take him weeks to get a few crummy pages.

Besides, I wouldn't be surprised if Greg just goes "Mystcraft doesn't fit with my mod, if you want the GT experience don't use it", which I would understand. I mean if you want a hard game with GT (which I assume you want if you use GT...) then why would you use a mod like Mystcraft to make things easier? It goes against the whole idea of a "hardcore" experience.
Pretty much this, I tried the new mystcraft thing and after running through 10 or so ages looking for the library's It got really boring. I got a lot of pages doing that but nothing cool.
Finding a specific page would be murder on my mind I would literally go crazy.

Hydra

Jul 29, 2019
I don't understand why you'd think GregTech is against easy power generation: his thermal generators basically screams "pump the Nether dry!" at you.

Reactions: Quesenek

twisto51

Jul 29, 2019
Don't see any point in worrying about an oil page for mystcraft when I can drop an ender-thermic pump in the Nether my first game day.

Reactions: Quesenek

Orcao

Jul 29, 2019
So i was reading a thread on the mystcraft oil page and think to myself this is a bit overpowered then i thought to myself about gregtech he nerfs most mods but he doesn't nerf Mystcraft? doesn't that seem a little odd is it because he's not allowed he doesn't want to or hasn't gotten around to it? this is not a GT Flame thread just wondering why he hasn't nerfed Mystcraft its like Greg nerfing IC2 And then not nurfing EE2 what do you guys think?

No point in doing a Fuel setup in GregTech when he buffed thermals the way he did. Lava page has no instability, and a Thermal setup is so much easier to setup.