Mystcraft oil page?? :)

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Azurl

Jul 29, 2019
would be sweet to have dedicated oil ocean ages :) think there's a chance they will be added at some point?

danidas

Jul 29, 2019
Last I heard it is already in Mystcraft as well as many other place-able liquids, but it's very rare and will cause a ton of instability.

ItharianEngineering

Jul 29, 2019
No mod liquids are in Mystcraft at the moment, but he plans to add mod liquids to the page list eventually. So we should see it in the future. Currently there is only water and lava.

plzent3r

Jul 29, 2019
That seems incredibly OP, but I suppose with the instability it will surely add it could be balanced. But an ocean of infinite fuel? Well I guess you can kind of do the same with lava already so...why not oil? heh

hotblack desiato

Jul 29, 2019
or the modders should decide themselves if their liquid should be available through mystcraft.

an eternal lavasea isn't really gamebreaking, but a sea of liquid beryllium for gregtech or a sea of buildcraft-fuel is gamebreaking... and a sea of helium, methane or hydrogen is just ridiculous... because that are gases.

abculatter_2

Jul 29, 2019
but a sea of liquid beryllium for gregtech or a sea of buildcraft-fuel is gamebreaking... and a sea of helium, methane or hydrogen is just ridiculous... because that are gases.
None of these liquids you listed are actually peaceable in the world, and therefore would be impossible to implement as a sea. (I know that fuel comes from oil, but fuel in and of itself is not peaceable to my knowledge.)

Lambert2191

Jul 29, 2019
None of these liquids you listed are actually peaceable in the world, and therefore would be impossible to implement as a sea. (I know that fuel comes from oil, but fuel in and of itself is not peaceable to my knowledge.)
the forge liquid dictionary will make all liquids added to it placable in the world.

and i believe someone is already working on an extra pages mod

danidas

Jul 29, 2019
Just think of a mystcraft age with a liquid methane ocean thanks to all the liquids in the dictionary being made available.

Cman333

Jul 29, 2019
it will also be balanced by the fact that they're probably going to rarely be traded by the villagers

Azurl

Jul 29, 2019
or the modders should decide themselves if their liquid should be available through mystcraft.

an eternal lavasea isn't really gamebreaking, but a sea of liquid beryllium for gregtech or a sea of buildcraft-fuel is gamebreaking... and a sea of helium, methane or hydrogen is just ridiculous... because that are gases.
with high enough pressure and low temperature, those are liquid. however you would be crushed under that pressure :)

hotblack desiato

Jul 29, 2019
on titan (the saturn moon) there is a sea full of methane and ethane. and the pressure is approximately 1.5 bar. so nothing that would crush you. but the temperature is at -180°C. it's slightly too cold for running around naked... although there is no reason why a quantum suit shouldn't keep you warm.

Squidgen

Jul 29, 2019
Getting crushed by high pressure? I don't think Steve will have to worry about that, considering he can carry several thousand cubic meters of solid gold without even slowing down. And when canvas bags get thrown in the mix...

Abdiel

Jul 29, 2019
You can already get a world made of diamonds or iridium ore, I don't think balance is a concern here. And as far as instability, it's hard to imagine a world so broken that you can't survive the few seconds it takes you to run to the nearest ocean, spam a couple stacks of cells, and link back home. Or put down a pump, an energy and liquid tesseracts, and a chunk loader. If instability can get to such ridiculous levels, the world (and the symbol causing the instability) might as well not exist at all as it's practically inaccessible.