Mystcraft: Oil Ocean

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

DerSucher

Jul 29, 2019
Hello everybody,

i have look in this forum and in the web for a good example for a Oil Ocean age but i cant find a good exapmle. I have create today 116 Worlds and only 3 Worls with a oil ocean but usless :mad:.

Have everyone a good example for a Oil Ocean?

Tristam Izumi

Jul 29, 2019
As far as I'm aware, Oil Ocean ages are guaranteed instability. Beyond that, you can try to "mitigate" it as much as you can by being extremely thorough and specifying every single detail about the age.

DaemosDaen

Jul 29, 2019
Best bet is to use oil desert biome single biome, but for some reason I keep getting nether fortress when I do.

DerSucher

Jul 29, 2019
Okay guaranteed instabilitiy bad no stable build okay. Okay i think i must use a oil desert biome. Thanks for the fast help.
Have anyone a build for the Desert Oil Biome? :p

Ako_the_Builder

Jul 29, 2019
You can reduce instability by adding things such as scorched earth and meteors, which can add their own issues of course...

DerSucher

Jul 29, 2019
I will only much Oil and Oil Ocean have invinity Oil with 5 Minutes work. 5 Pump´s and finish by the desert oil biome is more work ^^

Draakon

Jul 29, 2019
If you have the page, generate a single biome ocean biome world, with water replaced with oil. It goes the following: Ocean Biome, Single Biome, Oil, Standard/Flat. Add any other other pages between Single Biome and Oil page to prevent...unnecessary features.

MigukNamja

Jul 29, 2019
I made an age with just 1 page "Desert Oil Biome", and that worked. I got lots of other stuff, but the world was stable and it had tons of oil spouts.

I haven't tried Ocean Oil Biome and I also never use a Block (Ore) Page. Blocks (Ore) Pages greatly increase the odds of instability.

DerSucher

Jul 29, 2019
I have now a Oil world with 20 Meteors per secounds but i have a full tank :D.

Thanks for the help togehter.

Can i close the Thread? :D

PeggleFrank

Jul 29, 2019
I have now a Oil world with 20 Meteors per secounds but i have a full tank :D.

Thanks for the help togehter.

Can i close the Thread? :D

Even if you could, it's best to leave it open so that people that have further questions can ask.

You can't, by the way, without reporting your own post and asking for a deletion, which might not work.

DerSucher

Jul 29, 2019
Okay sorry i need help again. One meteor have destroy the pump and platform and the Bedrock :D. How i can make a Desert Oil Biome in the 1.4.7??

AlanEsh

Jul 29, 2019
You can fill the largest tank with oil in about 15 minutes if you make a stable desert oil biome.

DerSucher

Jul 29, 2019
I have fill my tank in 5 minutes full with 16 mio liters. but i want to make fuel and engery ^^

Drawde

Jul 29, 2019
Back in 1.4.7 I made an oil world with lots of charged pages to counter the oil's instability. Then I built a ceiling to block the lightning. And turned my sound off.

Don't know about now, but the Mushroom Island Edge page, when used with flat, only built up to level 6, leaving over fifty levels of oil. And no chance of monsters.

micahdg

Jul 29, 2019
Using 1.5.2 and mystcraft 0.10.4.00 I made a nice oil ocean age using these pages in this order:

link panel
oil block
ocean biome
single biome
noon
zero length
normal sun
no weather
clear modifiers

I ended up with eternal noon, no weather, oil 20+ blocks deep everywhere, and jungle wood tendrils.

Of course I had to disable the instability :p

micahdg

Jul 29, 2019
In 1.6.4 using mystcraft 0.10.11.00 I was able to make a stable oil ocean without hacks:

link panel
oil block
ocean biome
single biome
standard terrain
clear modifiers

bright lighting
clear modifiers

normal sun
normal sun
clear modifiers

AlCapella

Jul 29, 2019
Has anyone got a world with oceans of molten iron (or gold, or diamonds, or emeralds, etc)? :D
(iunderstoodthatreference.png) :p ;)
You may want to talk to someone who's currently in the market with a cobalt lake to lease :p I hear the lease rates are pretty good. ;) Lessor must know how to fill up a hardened tank! Gather some moss, and your tool scarcity problems are a thing of past?:D