MystCraft anyone?

Tangpau

Jul 29, 2019
I have recently started a new world and a new let's play series using Magic World 2 and love it. This is my first adventure into modded Minecraft and I am really liking it.

part of the fun of it for me right now is there are so many amazing mods to learn and master and one I am very excited about is Mystcraft.

However very little information seems to be available on this Mod. I was wondering if any experienced players here could point me in a good direction to learn it all or a good LP series of it.

Thanks everyone. I am going to enjoy this community a lot and hope to contribute as much as I can.

--Tangpau

Dodge34

Jul 29, 2019
Somewhere over the rainbow.
This mod is awesome, but beware of outdated videos cause everything changed in 0.10.X serie of it and many tutorials show wrong recipes that don't work, especially for the linking book which is the most important one and yet, NEI will not tell you how to craft it and the recipe is hard to find online (at least the accurate recipe for the new edition) you need a linking panel (created in a Ink Mixer using bottles of ink and paper) and a piece of leather, put them together in a crafting grid this will create a Unlinked linking book, before any travel, just take any unlinked linking book, place it in your hotbar and right click it, this will be were you'll be back once you use the book to be back, never ever forget to have a Linking Book to get back to the overworld 9the main Minecraft world were you start the game is called the Overworld), even I would say create at least 2-3 of them, you never have too much of them, and keep one in a ender pouch (if this mod is in the Magic World 2) this will make sure you will have one at any time...

I can't really help you out with the creation of a stable age, I don't understand it yet myself and decided to skip it and just disable the effects if really bad with a cheat command, I followed a couple of tutorials and even with the same order of everthing I ended up with unstable age or with nasty bad effects)

Algester

Jul 29, 2019
Mystcraft well look no further than looking at forgecraft videos with direwolf20 and friends they will always have mystcraft with them most of the time as their main source of base to base traveling else his SSP should perhaps contain some details

Dodge34

Jul 29, 2019
Somewhere over the rainbow.
Yup, true Direwolf20 is pretty great about it, but so far, he didn't go anywhere with Mystcraft in his current SSP and I prefer to stay away from his Server Play, if he wasn't on teamspeak with the other players, I could probably enjoy it a lot, but with Teamspeak, I prefer to look at his SSP game, even if I take a look at what he does in server play sometimes...

Tangpau

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks for the info guys I will keep you posted with my progress and will begin working on books tomorrow and will post a video of it too.

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
That, my friends, is why you come to places like this! Because we're a helpful bunch and this place has served as better documentation for mods than most wikis.

A few general things about Mystcraft to get out of the way first...instability. Instability is introduced by certain symbols you use during the creation of an age's descriptive book, such symbols include the ever famed Dense Ores. There are pages which introduce negative effects which can help to alleviate instability, like Meteors (if I remember correctly). The more unstable your age is, the more dangerous it is to walk around. Such dangers include, but aren't limited to, spontaneously catching on fire when outside, constant nausea, and slowness. However, the worst effect of instability is decay. The more unstable your age is, the more likely it is to decay, and the faster the decay will spread. Decay eats your age whole, which will eventually leave it an endless void.

However, instability can be configured to be off, thus removing the harmful effects, including decay. Personally, I turn it off, mostly because I just want to make worlds and because the nausea effect makes me extremely dizzy.

If you're running a server, or just want to remove some of the "cheaty" aspects, I'd suggest going into the configs and disabling the ore symbols as well as the oil and fuel symbols, if you have BuildCraft installed. Let's just say that, if used correctly, they can make things a little too easy in the resource and power department. Speaking of which, I think I'm going to go abuse that very aspect of this mod in a few minutes...

MrCervelo

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, I just created a single biome desert oil field world.

That said, I have a minor niggle with it. I tried to create it to be eternal day, so I put in Zero Length, Zenith, Normal Sun. I've created 3 now, and all three have the sun at either Dawn or Dusk (I didn't check the direction). I created a world with just No Weather, Zero Length, Zenith, Normal Sun, and it was fine, but when I add all of my other symbols in, I kept getting a rising or setting sun. Off the top of my head, the world is something like this

Desert Oil Field, Single Biome, Zero Length, Nadir, Dark Moon, Zero Length, Zenith, Normal Sun, No Weather, Flat World, Normal Lighting, Clear Modifiers (I may have missed something).

Does anyone have any thoughts?

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
Or you could just use NEI in game...
Assuming you have the (oddly not bundled with Mystcraft) Mystcraft NEI Plugin, which helps a LOT. Still, it can only show some things, others require one to use their brain.