Mystcraft 0.10.1.00

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

ItharianEngineering

Jul 29, 2019
Mystcraft updated just a little bit ago: http://binarymage.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=340
It is mostly bug fixes, but it has one new feature of note: "Adds the Oil symbol if another mod provides such a liquid (in block form)"
So I instantly started it up on a test world to try it.
9WafPYj.png

I had to turn of instabilities to get a decent picture, because I kept obtaining blindness as a result of the age. It is a pretty good bet you won't be able to create an age with the Oil modifier without at least a bit of instability.
I don't know how expensive it is either (assuming 64 emeralds), but I guess it is a nice way to get fuel late game if you don't mind a nether-pumping-esque method.
It is one mod liquid down though. Maybe a sea of honey next?

Iskandar

Popular Member
Feb 17, 2013
Well, that is awesome. And an alternative to pumping the Nether dry of lava.

GreenWolf13

Jul 29, 2019
what about a standard, stable age, with standard terrain gen symbol, but with the oil modifier? Iirc, this will replace the water in the world with oil. How stable would such an age be?

Iskandar

Popular Member
Feb 17, 2013
what about a standard, stable age, with standard terrain gen symbol, but with the oil modifier? Iirc, this will replace the water in the world with oil. How stable would such an age be?
that depends on if the Oil symbol has any inherent instability, much like the diamon ore and dense ore symbols do. If it doesn't, then you could, indeed, build a very stable world with it. From there, it depends on how much instability that symbol causes.

A little instability can be dealt with, honestly. After all, as long as you stay away from any islands, it isn't like you have to deal with mobs, so any of the potion effects, even Blind and Nausea, could probably be dealt with long enough to get your oil pumping platform up.

OmegaPython

Jul 29, 2019
I think oil does have a instability value itself, so it is impossible to create a stable oil world.

Norfgarb

Jul 29, 2019
is it just oil? I really want to make an ocean of milk.

EDIT: Somebody is probably going to tell me milk can't be placed in the world or something like that now and I will cry at you sir, I will cry.

DrRed

Jul 29, 2019
Milk can't be placed in the world.

Am I the only one who wants to make a sea of Short Mead or Ender?
wow Fuel would be OP

Abdiel

Jul 29, 2019
Someone mentioned a while ago that the Forge people are working on making every liquid registered with Forge placeable in the world. When that happens, liquid redstone oceans!

Sphinx2k

Jul 29, 2019
I think pumping an ocean with oil would be a lag hell for every server. I am fine with extra bees for oil production.
But i like the idea to have different liquid oceans in the worlds.

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
Good job that oil can't burn, that would seriously kill a server!

OmegaJasam

Jul 29, 2019
You could deliberatly add instability to try to make it more stable. Add charged, scorched surfcae and potentialy even meteors (If there is a material which resists them to house your pump).
if not, so long as the age itself is stable(IE not exploding, falling into the void, e.t.c.), you don't need to be there long :)