Problem My server is randomly using RAM.

Pixelmnkey

Jul 29, 2019
Don't know how to explain it, really. I've made a test server with some mods and even without a player online the Ram flows between 200mb and 1gb of use. I'm using ForgeEssentials along with the next mods:

• Damage indicators
  • Jammy Furniture
  • ArsMagica
  • Bibliocraft
  • Biomes O Plenty
  • CustomMobSpawner
  • DrZhark's Mo'Creatures
  • EnderStorage
  • Extrabees
  • ExtrabiomesXL
  • Factoritzation
  • Fihgus permission and protection
  • Forestry
  • FE Afterlife, Backups, chat, Commands, Protection and WorldControl.
  • Hats
  • Hatstand
  • Invasion mod
  • Magical Crops
  • Magicbees
  • Mccapes
  • Millenaire
  • Mystcraft
  • Natura
  • Railcraft
  • Smart Moving
  • Tconstruct
  • Thaumcraft
  • ThermalExpansions
  • Traincraft
  • Twilightforest
  • Balkon's Weaponmod.
And there's no1 connected as I said, here are the tps http://pastebin.com/1Wm5uN9E.

Is there any way to know wich mods are using most of the Ram? Thanks.

Eyamaz

Jul 29, 2019
This is fairly normal. Stuff still happens when no one is there even on a new server. The area around spawn is always loaded.

I've had servers spike much higher, but I force mine to keep almost everything loaded. More than likely, one or more mods are doing checks that require more ram.

Pixelmnkey

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks, but there's a way to know wich mods are causing the lag? Also, there are something called Spigot, is it recomended to use it? I've heard it kinda helps the server by reducing the resources used.

Eyamaz

Jul 29, 2019
Never used it so I don't know.

No there is not a way to tell individually what a specific mod is doing. Not with the current setup anyway. With a few code changes and/or a third party program you could, but most of the information third party programs give you probably won't make sense if your not a programmer.

Pixelmnkey

Jul 29, 2019
Uhm...weird, the ram goes from 600 to 1500 then 600 again, all the time, you sure that's normal? :S