My self-sustained factory

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Breigal

Jul 29, 2019
Hi guys, just thought I'd show off the self-sustaining factory I recently made which was inspired by Etho's "Laundromat" although a lot simpler in my opinion.

Just about every 30 minutes it creates:
  • 160 Tin Ingots
  • 320 Copper Ingots
  • 60 Gold
  • 60 Silver
  • 20 Wolfranium Cells
This may not sound like a lot for 30 minutes but you have to keep in mind it is completely self-sustained, and runs solely on lava, which is near infinite in the Nether. It is also easily extendable on both the energy and centrifuge sides.

Pics:

7DRBF.jpg

9R4rA.png

Basically, a pump sucks up lava which is sent to geothermal generators, which produce EU that is then stored in an MFSU. That lava is also sent to a series of industrial centrifuges (which are powered by the MSFU), which produce tin, electrum, tungsten dust, and copper. The tin and copper are then sent to barrels for storage, while the tungsten dust goes to an industrial electrolyzer to be converted into a wolfranium cell. The electrum ingots are sent to a macerator which turns them into electrum dust, which are then sent to more industrial centrifuges which convert those into gold and silver dust. Finally these dusts are sent to an induction furnace which cooks them into ingots and stores them in the adjacent barrels.
Overall, its a hefty investment but definetly worth it after only a few hours. Off course, the factory does not need to be in the Nether if you transport the lava to the overworld through mystcraft or portals, etc, but this is how I chose to do it.
Hope you guys enjoyed the idea!

gusgillis1

Jul 29, 2019
Wow, nice setup :)[DOUBLEPOST=1355632756][/DOUBLEPOST]Also, was this built legit or in creative? Your in creative on pic and survival the next :p

netmc

Jul 29, 2019
Pretty cool. I am definitely going to do something like this in my world, but will probably wait until the new FTB pack is released.

Breigal

Jul 29, 2019
Well maybe not infinitely so, but realistically that lava lake is not gonna disappear for a while, and in the case that it ever did I could always find another and transport the lava :)

Pinkishu

Jul 29, 2019
Well maybe not infinitely so, but realistically that lava lake is not gonna disappear for a while, and in the case that it ever did I could always find another and transport the lava :)
hehe yeah, i'm just a fan of completely self-sustained systems :D well could smelt up some cobble for lava, may need quite the extra-power to supply enough lava though

Larroke

Jul 29, 2019
I am going to do similar setup if 1.4.5 FTB ever comes out.. just wish they'd update the Beta pack mods to get rid of all the bugs. I know, I could do it myself... but I'm lazy and it crapped on me the last time I attempted it and wouldn't load my world.

One difference.. I'm going to heavily use routers.. I find them the most fascinating part of factorization.

Breigal

Jul 29, 2019
I am going to do similar setup if 1.4.5 FTB ever comes out.. just wish they'd update the Beta pack mods to get rid of all the bugs. I know, I could do it myself... but I'm lazy and it crapped on me the last time I attempted it and wouldn't load my world.

One difference.. I'm going to heavily use routers.. I find them the most fascinating part of factorization.
Hmm, I wasn't aware of routers but I just looked them up and they look like they could improve the design quite a lot. I'll look into updating my design!

ItharianEngineering

Jul 29, 2019
O__O At first I was wondering about how you were feeding it lava cells, but then I noticed that you had the lava going into them on the picture which I thought didn't work. I guess in 1.4.5 it works, at least with liquiducts, which is amazing. Now we can skip straight to centrifuging lava without the transposer.

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019
I hope they nerf this big time, it's kind of silly how much this creates...

Yeah, as a server admin that's one recipe you want disabled by default ;)

Thankfully GregTech has a great config file that makes this effortlessly easy. Just set "Lava=false" in the "centrifuge" subsection.

StarLiner

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, as a server admin that's one recipe you want disabled by default ;)

Thankfully GregTech has a great config file that makes this effortlessly easy. Just set "Lava=false" in the "centrifuge" subsection.

Is that the source of the problem, or would you happen to have any other tips for things that should be turned off? :)

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019
Well, it shuts down this infinite copper/tin/gold/silver production if you cannot centrifuge lava. So if you consider this particular type of factory unbalanced (I'm sure there are people who don't, and that's perfectly fair), then this recipe is what you want to disable because you're not actually banning any machines or blocks. It's always annoying if you have to remove an entire machine or crafting recipe because one of its two dozen legit uses is horribly broken when combined with another mod in a way the author never intended/expected.

The only other thing in GregTech I found really broken was pyrite ore. It spawns in the nether in large chunks and not only gives you large amounts of iron, it also gives so much XP for mining that you can pretty much get level 30 at will with almost no effort. It did this over and over in my singleplayer world, the the point where I was enchanting bronze shovels with level 30 enchants because I had nothing else to spend my XP on. Of course, that was in 1.4.2, and GregTech had at least four major updates since then, so I'm not sure if anything changed. But in a 1.4.2 world I'd probably disable pyrite worldgen.

Harro

Jul 29, 2019
The problem I found with routers to put items in the barrels is that it only works if there are no empty barrels/chests to put items in.
It basically will just try to put it anywhere :(

When all the barrels contain at least one item it's fine.

Larroke

Jul 29, 2019
for your output, consider restricting the router (machine filter) to just barrels, and yes... each item you want to store needs to have its own barrel. It'll ignore all the machines/chests and just look at hte barrels in the network.

CreepaCatcha

Jul 29, 2019
-Nerf Bot Activating....
-Threat Detected
-Nerfing (0%)
-Nerfing (20%)
-Nerfing (40%)
-Nerfing (60%)
-Nerfing (80%)
-Nefing (100%)
-Nerf Complete
-Nerf Bot Deactivating....
-Threat Disabled

Reactions: ThatOneSlowking

Yosomith

Jul 29, 2019
-Nerf Bot Activating....
-Threat Detected
-Nerfing (0%)
-Nerfing (20%)
-Nerfing (40%)
-Nerfing (60%)
-Nerfing (80%)
-Nefing (100%)
-Nerf Complete
-Nerf Bot Deactivating....
-Threat Disabled

Funny thing is, is that this is done using Gregtech "Balance". I have set up things like this a few times myself, it's also one of the reasons why I laugh at people when they say Gregtech makes the game harder. How is infinite copper, tin, etc... harder?

Shakie666

Jul 29, 2019
Funny thing is, is that this is done using Gregtech "Balance". I have set up things like this a few times myself, it's also one of the reasons why I laugh at people when they say Gregtech makes the game harder. How is infinite copper, tin, etc... harder?
He brought it in originally to make up for the fact that people were using TE's oregen rather than IC2's (which needs a ton more copper & tin). With IC2 oregen it isn't as necessary (its still nice for the silver & gold though).