My Resonant Rise Let's Play (Resonant Rise Modpack)

RetroGamer1224

Jul 29, 2019
Sirs you have sold me on this pack. It looks wonderful and the world is so different. Granted I am on episode 4 but still spiffing job.

KirinDave

Jul 29, 2019
Sirs you have sold me on this pack. It looks wonderful and the world is so different. Granted I am on episode 4 but still spiffing job.

Just a fair warning, we ditch Metallurgy soon in the timeline from where you are. So those early machines are gone. I wish we didn't have to, but in the end Team Metallurgy seems much more interested in being Team Atum. That's fine, but we lucked out that King Lemming decided to bring CoFH World online that very instant.

Velotican

Jul 29, 2019
To clarify, have you ditched Metallurgy for good? It's the only mod I can't seem to get running with the rest of the pack so if it's been retired I don't need to waste any time trying to get it running.

FYI I'm running a pseudo-RR because my penchant for sticking with the cutting edge compelled me to keep everything bang up to date. :)

KirinDave

Jul 29, 2019
To clarify, have you ditched Metallurgy for good? It's the only mod I can't seem to get running with the rest of the pack so if it's been retired I don't need to waste any time trying to get it running.

FYI I'm running a pseudo-RR because my penchant for sticking with the cutting edge compelled me to keep everything bang up to date. :)

It is retired for good.

And we generally are very close to up-to-date except when we have good reasons not to be (for example, Ars Magica, MFR until last night, Mystcraft still not being ready).

Velotican

Jul 29, 2019
I'm keeping Forestry backdated because Thaumic Bees is having trouble updating to 2.2.6.X, it seems. I got hooked up with the forbidden 0.8.4 modlist and configs last night and got my pack updated today. If Metallurgy's been stripped then I guess I'm good to go. :)

KirinDave

Jul 29, 2019
They're not forbidden, they're just not explicit. 0.8.2 was a real train wreck because of all the Ars bugs. 0.8.5 will have another config release. People seem to be saying ars is doing way better. We also have a new extrabees drop.

lukee910

Jul 29, 2019
Hello everyone

I watched the Videos from KirinDave and it's a really good Channel with a really excitibg looking modpack. :) I just looked up the download and don't get it, how to install the modpack. Usually, i'm not that dumb in installing things :oops: i use a LOT of mods since a year, not only FTB :) Could someone tell me, how to install the modpack?I don't get that with the configs.
However, i LOVE your channel and really would like to help or be a part of it. I know a lot about the older Mods like BC, TE, Metallurgy and so on, but also a bit about mods like Tinkers Construct, Ars Magica and so on. Sometimes, i thaught about a Let's play with a custom modpack myself, but i'm too young :(, so i'd like to help you with yours :)
For the Google+ Community: Can i just join or do i have to ask?

I hope i can help you with it :)

Sertas

Jul 29, 2019
I'm watching your first episode and I REALLY like how you've explained why you've made the selections you have and I am excited to play the pack. I've read several pages but can't find a download for the configs. Also what's the name of the Google+ community?

Just got to the Ahbed cool moment. Love it. I'd also love to record with you or on a server you have setup for the pack. Hopefully, that's possible.

Reactions: KirinDave

KirinDave

Jul 29, 2019
I'm watching your first episode and I REALLY like how you've explained why you've made the selections you have and I am excited to play the pack. I've read several pages but can't find a download for the configs. Also what's the name of the Google+ community?

Just got to the Ahbed cool moment. Love it. I'd also love to record with you or on a server you have setup for the pack. Hopefully, that's possible.

Thanks. Hopefully the series stays interesting over time. You've got about 11 hours of footage to go through. Tell your friends to watch too. I'm not a great builder, but I do like high complexity miniaturized builds and showing off new mod features. Skip to episode 14 to see my showoff my new toys, the Sonar Goggles.

Beleriond01

Jul 29, 2019
@KirinDave: this morning I started watching your LP series and, as others have mentioned before me, kudos for the work you put in. Looks and sounds good!

Am wondering about one thing though...went over to the G+ community, logged in and stuff but I cannot seem to locate the download page or the download itself for that matter. Probably it's down to the much needed caffein not having reaching my blood circulation just yet but I'd very much appreciate it if you could point me in the right direction.

Keep up the great work,
Bel*.

13rett

Jul 29, 2019
At the top right there is a mod list and a link to the configs. Unfortunately KirinDave doesn't have permissionds to distribute the all the mods freely so its a private pack for only the testing server he's running. However like I said he has the config and list to build it.

Beleriond01

Jul 29, 2019
At the top right there is a mod list and a link to the configs. Unfortunately KirinDave doesn't have permissionds to distribute the all the mods freely so its a private pack for only the testing server he's running. However like I said he has the config and list to build it.

Aaaaah ok gotcha m8! So basically download all the mods and add them yourself. Then add the configs KD uses :)

13rett

Jul 29, 2019
Correct and you need to use the same mod version on some because otherwise there may be conflicts.
Also just FYI KirinDave posted saying that there will be a small (only Extra Bees) update later with a newer Extra Bees build. Possibly Chickenbones' stuff too if it seems too unstable again. (this one is speculation) These would be minor edits though. :)

Beleriond01

Jul 29, 2019
I noticed that indeed...will have to wait until I get home anyways if I want to try the pack lol so no biggie!

dgdas9

Jul 29, 2019
OK, on the G+ group someone talks about a so called "robbit"...What is that?What is the mod that adds?Wich version?Is it stable?What does it do?

Reactions: NosePicker5555