My redwood base build

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

ThatOneSlowking

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah its a real problem. I want to play with other people, but I don't want the eventual instability that usually arises after a while, resulting in loosing it all.
Worst thing was that the giant tree was just one "small" part of the build :p I have never really bothered to invest a lot on a server since. Or at least not intended to.
One reason I do not like public servers.
Small or private servers are usually good because tighter community( and staff!) plus less banned items

Reactions: rhn

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Small or private servers are usually good because tighter community( and staff!) plus less banned items
Oh definitely. I would never play on public servers. I'm way too attached to the stuff I have spend weeks, months on building :p

Reactions: ThatOneSlowking

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019

this, pretty much this. it's no fun playing on a server where alot of items are banned, the server often laggs and alot of griefing happens.
but it's hard to find a good small community server like that

Reactions: rhn

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
this, pretty much this. it's no fun playing on a server where alot of items are banned, the server often laggs and alot of griefing happens.
but it's hard to find a good small community server like that
Yeah and preferably everyone should have some knowledge of the different ways you can cause problems for the server/what things can go wrong, so they can keep an eye out for it/plan their builds with a somewhat minimum impact on the server.

Reactions: ThatOneSlowking