My modpack-in-making keeps crashing!

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Electro44

Jul 29, 2019
So, i'm trying to update my modpack "Farmcraft Reloaded" currently, but everytime I try to start up the game to bug test I get this "Exception: java.lang.OutOfMemoryError thrown from the UncaughtExceptionHandler in thread "Minecraft main thread"" error. I'm pretty sure it doesn't need any more RAM considering i'm dedicating 8GB to it. Also, this is a round about when Forge starts setting up liquids, and before this it says this "2014-02-09 18:54:23 [SEVERE] [TMechworks] Skipping event FMLInitializationEvent and marking errored mod TMechworks since required dependency TConstruct has errored" about a lot of different mods, substituting TMechworks and TConstruct for others. Wasn't sure where to put this as it isn't for an actual FTB pack. Here's the full FML Log Part1 & Part2

Tristam Izumi

Jul 29, 2019
How much "-XX:permSpace" do you have set? That's just as, if not more important than your "-Xmx" argument.

Electro44

Jul 29, 2019
It's in MultiMC, so i'm not quite sure. The max RAM is set to 8GB and the min RAM is set to 4GB. Just realised the permgen is set to 64MB, guessing that's aabit low

Tepigg4444

Jul 29, 2019
Umm, Can someone tell me how to make a post? (I know this isn't the best place to ask) I'M SORRY

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
If you're running Windows I hope you have more than 12GB total installed in your system or you will be experiencing Operating System crashes before long... Windows (any OS) needs it's own ram to run in. Also, you shouldn't allocate more than 4GB maximum to Java or it'll start barfing on itself as well.

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
If you're running Windows I hope you have more than 12GB total installed in your system or you will be experiencing Operating System crashes before long... Windows (any OS) needs it's own ram to run in. Also, you shouldn't allocate more than 4GB maximum to Java or it'll start barfing on itself as well.

Good advice, but the thread is over a year old. ;)

Reactions: mattp_12