My Issue with the Latest Versions of Thaumcraft

Folanlron

Jul 29, 2019
Solid Fueled boilers alumentum does really great with because of the return back, 1 steam oven always cooking wood too charc, (After going thru the process too change it to alumentum) is enough to power 2 boilers.

Last edited:
Reactions: ThatOneSlowking

GreenZombie

Jul 29, 2019
Solid Fueled boilers alumentum does really great with, because of the return back, 1 steam oven always cooking wood too charc, (After going thru the process too change it to alumentum) is enough to power 2 boilers.

Now theres a plan. Alumentum automation so I can have golems powering my AE system via vibration chambers. Pity theres no AE MAC style crafting in AE2 for 1.7.2 yet. The vibration chambers have quite low output, so it would be a rather epic steam-era 'engine room' type build.

Last edited:

Feniks

Jul 29, 2019
By breaking down coble stone and netherwart you can get everything that makes essentia needed for alumentum. Both are renewable so you have it for free. Even if you use coal for your essentia you get increase of 50% this is not something you say no to. Alumentum last 4 times long as coal in every engine. It depends how you power your base. Dirwolf for example relies heavily on steam boiler and steam dynamos so he needs as much coal as possible. If you have some reactors etc. then you won't have a need for it.

Folanlron

Jul 29, 2019
Now theres a plan. Alumentum

Now theres a plan. Alumentum automation so I can have golems powering my AE system via vibration chambers. Pity theres no AE MAC style crafting in AE2 for 1.7.2 yet. The vibration chambers have quite low output, so it would be a rather epic steam-era 'engine room' type build.

You don't need AE Auto-Craft too create alum, sense the alchemical construct does the actual crafting the only AE items you needs are Import/Export buses, and some Level emitters to control you #'s

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
At what? even with an infernal furnace needing ignis, and my harness requiring potentia, I just don't seem to use that much coal. alumentum seems to be self fulfilling - if you automate the production of alumentum then you are reducing enough items to essentia to do so, that alumentum becomes efficient.

at fuelling, atleast that is what he thinks. I rarely use alumentum aswell, all the alumentum that I have usually comes from loot chests
but eh, it's fun throwing some alumentum around once in a while

Vicerious

Jul 29, 2019
Alumentum in an arcane furnace not only lasts 4x as long as coal, but it also causes it to process essentia more quickly - it makes the purple bar move faster.

GreenZombie

Jul 29, 2019
Alumentum in an arcane furnace not only lasts 4x as long as coal, but it also causes it to process essentia more quickly - it makes the purple bar move faster.
I have never been unhappy with the rate the internal buffer empties, but I understood it could be boosted with a bellows.

belgabor

Jul 29, 2019
I have never been unhappy with the rate the internal buffer empties, but I understood it could be boosted with a bellows.
They work differently. One boosts the speed of item -> essentia, the other the transfer speed furnace -> alembics. I just keep forgetting which does which =)

Vicerious

Jul 29, 2019
They work differently. One boosts the speed of item -> essentia, the other the transfer speed furnace -> alembics. I just keep forgetting which does which =)

The bellows increases the speed at which items break down in the arcane furnace (makes it burn hotter).

Alumentum increases the speed at which material is filtered through the alembics (makes it burn more purely).

Reactions: belgabor

Succubism

Jul 29, 2019
Honestly, I'd rather have a four alembic furnace connected to it's own jar and painstakingly manage what essentia goes where than let a golem do it and constantly have to smack him with a bell.

RedBoss

Jul 29, 2019
I just keep my stability items in the floor or on the ceiling. I never stack jars more than two high. I also just click the bell onto every jar. After all of that, my golems just don't derp anymore. They're so well functioning that the loss of pipes is not an issue.

Granted that's only my mileage, but making a few changes to the decanting area helps eliminate the vast majority of patching problems.

ThatOneSlowking

Jul 29, 2019
I just keep my stability items in the floor or on the ceiling. I never stack jars more than two high. I also just click the bell onto every jar. After all of that, my golems just don't derp anymore. They're so well functioning that the loss of pipes is not an issue.

Granted that's only my mileage, but making a few changes to the decanting area helps eliminate the vast majority of patching problems.
that is what I thought everyone did... If I understand you correctly, not everyone does it exactly that way? That must be why i do not have any issues with golems

Reactions: RedBoss

belgabor

Jul 29, 2019
My gripe with the golem vs. the old tubes is less the derpiness directly, it's more that the derpiness forces me to built in ways I find less aestetically pleasing.

RedBoss

Jul 29, 2019
This is my decanting room. I think it looks quite cozy. It sits beneath my control area. The conduit runs from my Big Reactor up to the AE system & manual machine line.
ifsboal.png

I have two long runs of void jars and Mercurial jars for essentia. You can see my essentia mirror in the ceiling. It is able to pull from every jar in the room.
rl4Q33g.png

These are my Thaumium golems. They are able to path in this area quite well. No spinning on jars, or derping. The diamond chest is my item input into the furnace. Items ducts move everything along and are hidden in the wall.
l9PimXy.png

I made this setup a few months back. This is an older world that I haven't loaded in a while due to heavy lag. My infusion altar is about 700 blocks from this base, which is why I use mirrors. TO ME, a stack of jars, is a stack of jars. Having pipes running all over doesn't change this. Its not perfect, but since having this setup, I find I don't miss the pipes anymore and I have zero golem issues.

Feniks

Jul 29, 2019
that is what I thought everyone did... If I understand you correctly, not everyone does it exactly that way? That must be why i do not have any issues with golems

I agree I though that was standard practice to do it that way. if people build crazy towers or mazes of jars then I'm not suprised they have isseus.