My Issue with the Latest Versions of Thaumcraft

Teslaterror

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah but if Azanor figured out how to make a more suitable limit for the entire piping system, say like only 32 pipes maybe connected to a network of essentia tubes then it be fine.

Feniks

Jul 29, 2019
The golems are fine once you figure out what causes the major derps. I have a setup now with only 1 golem and the bottleneck in his work is because I'm crafting KAMI items that need tons of essentia. Having 2 golems and lots of upgrades makes a difference.

But I can't figure out the new pipes for automatic alchemy. Maybe my patience is too low but I can't get it to work. I've just taken my crucible outside and do it manually. That way taint doesn't get all over my base.

In 1.7, larger nodes bully the small ones and feed off of them. There are devices to control this action, but the days of just dropping nodes near each other around a recharge stand are changing.

What do you want to automate tell me I will build it for you and send you with pictures. :)

No
NO
NOOOOOOO

Don't panic. There are cool machines that allow you to have grater control of a nodes. You can use bully to make one ultra powerfull node with all the aspects you want.

Succubism

Jul 29, 2019
I know the MO of like 99% of FTB players is "Automate all the things!!" but to be frank I don't see many aspects of Thaumcraft that NEED automation nor do I find it makes Thaumcraft more convenient to have full jars of essentia automated.
But not ever touching it until it has ME integration... I'd cal it silly if it wasn't such an inflammatory thing to say lol. I'm not saying it should never have it but at least IMO Thaumcraft is still very useable with out technological assistance.
Golems press my rage buttons way too much. It's not healthy for me to make some grand, ugly ass setup just to compensate for their derpiness when I can play other magic mods of which there are many that don't have such a glaring flaw.

Reactions: Padfoote

egor66

Jul 29, 2019
Golems press my rage buttons way too much. It's not healthy for me to make some grand, ugly ass setup just to compensate for their derpiness when I can play other magic mods of which there are many that don't have such a glaring flaw.

Dont use it then, Oh & would you like to name a mod with no flaws ?, you of all people should know most if not all mods are wip.

Succubism

Jul 29, 2019
Dont use it then, Oh & would you like to name a mod with no flaws ?, you of all people should know most if not all mods are wip.
I'm -NOT- using it. Haven't you been reading?
And fine, I grant you every mod has it's flaws but one that directly impacts a major part of the mod itself to the point it near prevents progression isn't something you can't simply look past.

Last edited:
Reactions: Padfoote

Feniks

Jul 29, 2019
I am not defending TC but I play with this mod a lot every time and I have never experience problems you guys seem to be getting a lot. Not saying that your problems aren't real but maybe you just do something wrong. My golems work perfectly fine. And on server if you chunkload your base as any sane person would they work perfect.

Reactions: RedBoss

Succubism

Jul 29, 2019
I am not defending TC but I play with this mod a lot every time and I have never experience problems you guys seem to be getting a lot. Not saying that your problems aren't real but maybe you just do something wrong. My golems work perfectly fine. And on server if you chunkload your base as any sane person would they work perfect.
Golems have pathing issues on some if not most blocks which causes them to spin in circles, get lost, get stuck, stand in place like a mule or straight up vanish to places unknown.

That said, seeing your setup would be awesome.

SynfulChaot

Jul 29, 2019
I'm also not a fan of entity-based automation of that sort. The aesthetic of pipes is far better and less finicky (IMHO) if you get it connected right. My next Thaum setup will involve full automation with pipes as I've also had problems with golem pathing and dying.

The only place I can stand golems is for harvesting and fishing. Everything else is just better done with less problems by almost *anything* else.

Succubism

Jul 29, 2019
RL1fl54.png

wIO9f9z.png

Just saying.

Drawde

Jul 29, 2019
As I understand it, the lag caused by the pipes was mainly from lots of pipes. You needed 100+ pipes to experience it.

Which rarely happened on single player worlds. Multi-player worlds, on the other hand...

Succubism

Jul 29, 2019
Is there an essentia-to-resource points system in AE involving a MAC and decon table with that? :eek:
Currently, all I know is you can take essentia from Alembics.

Unfortunately due to complications Export busses don't do anything. I'm not sure why, but the intended effect is to place essentia from the system into jars and other accepting containers and such.

Reactions: ThatOneSlowking

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
They press mine too believe me, sometimes they are amusingly derpy; Once I decided because I had some golems spare I made a farm based on golems. It was a 9x9 setup with the water in the middle, I placed a chest above that center water and set the gather golem to it. I came back from a stroll and realized my harvest golem was still working but the gathering golem was nowhere to be seen, I was like "fucking golems disappearing, play hooky with me youl il bastard!" then I checked the chest and relaized the little spazz was under the chest in the water somehow. Probably clipped through but couldn't clip out...

So I do my thaumcrafting 90% manual, the 10% is for say a herba generation setup and maybe perpetual alumentum production but that's it.
My infusions I do 100% manualy, gathering essentia and the like, personally I think it feels the most natural. That being said I very seldom infuse more then 2 things per sitting so I've never felt the need for automation.

GreenZombie

Jul 29, 2019
direwolf keeps saying in his videos how good alumentum is, and that it's 4x as effective as coal

At what? even with an infernal furnace needing ignis, and my harness requiring potentia, I just don't seem to use that much coal. alumentum seems to be self fulfilling - if you automate the production of alumentum then you are reducing enough items to essentia to do so, that alumentum becomes efficient.

Reactions: RedBoss