My Flux went higher when I grew a Silverwood Tree

EZ2Remember

Jul 29, 2019
I was at "moderate" Flux, but when the Silverwood sapling I planted matured into a beautiful tree (what a good feeling) my Flux went to "high". Can someone explain that too me. My theory is that the Node that already existed next to the spot where I planted the tree may have been evil? So when the Silverwood grew, it's Node got absorbed and turned evil thus increasing the strength of the evil Node?

ApSciLiara

Jul 29, 2019
If a node merges with another node, flux is a guaranteed product, regardless of the types of node involved. Two pure nodes, when combined, will push your flux up just as much as two unstable/dark nodes.

Unless there weren't any nodes near enough to merge when the tree grew. In which case, I'm stumped (heh).

Abdiel

Jul 29, 2019
Pretty much any operation with aura will generate some flux: draining aura out of a node into a wand or tools, exchanging aura between nodes, nodes moving or merging, new nodes being created. A grown silverwood tree creates a new node and moves a big amount of aura into it from neighboring nodes, which try to remedy the deficit by draining other nodes. All in all this process produces a lot of flux initially. Don't worry, it's a one-time expense, the flux will dissipate over time, and the new pure node will help with that.

Reactions: RedBoss