My autocrafting system is failing me!!

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

FastTquick

Jul 29, 2019
Hi, I'm having a problem with my Applied Energistics ME autocrafting network. It never seems to want to craft items with more than one crafting recipe in them. I've seen my autocrafting system work fine with some items like blank patterns, but it's been failing to craft more complex items like electrum ingots and storage clusters. Sometimes, it doesn't seem to want to craft something as simple as sticks!!! I checked my crafting monitor and found out that none of these items are missing any resources required. Does anyone have any answers on how to fix this?

Staxed

Jul 29, 2019
Could you maybe provide pictures of the setup or explain your setup (or both). It's hard to diagnose what the issue might be with the information you've provided...we need more details :D

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019
Everytime you modify the network, all queued crafting jobs are deleted.

If you place ME interfaces with external crafting patterns next to each other without giving them a default direction, they will sometimes output resources into each other instead of the external machine, leading to jobs that never finish.

Siro

Jul 29, 2019
If you're sending it too many jobs at once, it will stall. It's better to use two AE systems in conjunction with level emitters to keep often used intermediary/base ingredients at certain stock levels. That way your primary system won't lose track of the primary job while the secondary system continues to restock.

For example, say you use stone bricks frequently as a building material and/or a component for other recipes. Instead of crafting it in your primary system, set an export bus to only export on signal pointed at an interface (or ender chest) attached to the secondary system and then an me emitter attached to the secondary system turning on the export bus when there's less than 64. Then you can have an export bus and emitter attached to the secondary system that will export cobble into a furnace of some sort and import back into the system until there's 64 stone. Then have an export bus on the secondary system set to always craft stone bricks until an emitter from the primary system reaches the desired stock level. Then if you want to craft something that uses stone bricks, your primary system doesn't need to worry about several of the steps and your secondary system will restock it automatically. Wireless redstone and enderchests will also allow you to separate the systems if you don't want a lot of machines in and around your primary system.

potop999

Jul 29, 2019
Btw, just in case, you can't 'craft' electrum ingots. You need to put the pattern in an interface above a induction furnace to send 1 gold and 1 silver in, and extract the result with a import bus on the bottom.

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019
Btw, just in case, you can't 'craft' electrum ingots. You need to put the pattern in an interface above a induction furnace to send 1 gold and 1 silver in, and extract the result with a import bus on the bottom.

Electrum ingots can also be created by crafting dusts together (which the MAC can do itself) and then smelting the result in any common furnace.

Reactions: potop999

potop999

Jul 29, 2019
Electrum ingots can also be created by crafting dusts together (which the MAC can do itself) and then smelting the result in any common furnace.
True indeed, but smelting will always need to be done, induction or regular furnace :)

FastTquick

Jul 29, 2019
Could you maybe provide pictures of the setup or explain your setup (or both). It's hard to diagnose what the issue might be with the information you've provided...we need more details :D

Sorry it took me so long to reply. I am using a system made up of 583 ME cables, 37 export buses, 45 import buses, 6 level emitters, 12 ME interfaces, 7 ME chests, 3 storage buses connected to 2 diamond chests and 1 obsidian chest, 1 large molecular assembler chamber made up of 44 molecular containment walls, 54 heat vents, 18 crafting CPUs, and 9 pattern providers, 2 wireless access points, 2 crafting monitors, 2 access terminals, and 2 crafting terminals. By the way, this is all Minecraft 1.4.7. I have it programmed to automatically craft certain things like industrial TNT for my Gragtech implosion compressor. Sadly, if there was an easy way to set it up to only craft these items when there's work to be done, I wouldn't be having half the problems I'm currently having. :\[DOUBLEPOST=1381778004][/DOUBLEPOST]

I can craft electrum ingots just fine using a Gregtech alloy smelter.

potop999

Jul 29, 2019
Sorry it took me so long to reply. I am using a system made up of 583 ME cables, 37 export buses, 45 import buses, 6 level emitters, 12 ME interfaces, 7 ME chests, 3 storage buses connected to 2 diamond chests and 1 obsidian chest, 1 large molecular assembler chamber made up of 44 molecular containment walls, 54 heat vents, 18 crafting CPUs, and 9 pattern providers, 2 wireless access points, 2 crafting monitors, 2 access terminals, and 2 crafting terminals. By the way, this is all Minecraft 1.4.7. I have it programmed to automatically craft certain things like industrial TNT for my Gragtech implosion compressor. Sadly, if there was an easy way to set it up to only craft these items when there's work to be done, I wouldn't be having half the problems I'm currently having. :\[DOUBLEPOST=1381778004][/DOUBLEPOST]

I can craft electrum ingots just fine using a Gregtech alloy smelter.

You might want to mention you're using gregtech, since 95% of the people aren't I falsely assumed you were with that 95%.

Reactions: Staxed

Siro

Jul 29, 2019
Sorry it took me so long to reply. I am using a system made up of 583 ME cables, 37 export buses, 45 import buses, 6 level emitters, 12 ME interfaces, 7 ME chests, 3 storage buses connected to 2 diamond chests and 1 obsidian chest, 1 large molecular assembler chamber made up of 44 molecular containment walls, 54 heat vents, 18 crafting CPUs, and 9 pattern providers, 2 wireless access points, 2 crafting monitors, 2 access terminals, and 2 crafting terminals. By the way, this is all Minecraft 1.4.7. I have it programmed to automatically craft certain things like industrial TNT for my Gragtech implosion compressor. Sadly, if there was an easy way to set it up to only craft these items when there's work to be done, I wouldn't be having half the problems I'm currently having. :\

AE's queuing system, in 1.4.7 at least, will time out a job if too much time passes or too many jobs enter the queue. Remember that each exporter set to craft or always craft is going to add a job each time it exports something, so its really easy to flood the queue. You're better off splitting into two networks and offloading the bulk of your intermediate jobs to a separate network that could keep your primary network stocked so that your main network doesn't stall the job while it waits to complete.

FastTquick

Jul 29, 2019
AE's queuing system, in 1.4.7 at least, will time out a job if too much time passes or too many jobs enter the queue. Remember that each exporter set to craft or always craft is going to add a job each time it exports something, so its really easy to flood the queue. You're better off splitting into two networks and offloading the bulk of your intermediate jobs to a separate network that could keep your primary network stocked so that your main network doesn't stall the job while it waits to complete.

Thanks for your daignosis and advice. I have since fixed my problem though. Truth be told, I don't really care for the idea of having to split my ME network because I want all of my connected machines to still access my items. If I am using the latest version of Applied Energistics, I would consider doing that with the help of crafting those singularity gates.

Siro

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks for your daignosis and advice. I have since fixed my problem though. Truth be told, I don't really care for the idea of having to split my ME network because I want all of my connected machines to still access my items. If I am using the latest version of Applied Energistics, I would consider doing that with the help of crafting those singularity gates.

I only split off a minimum of resources to the secondary network. It's all controlled by level emitters. More recent versions of Gregtech allows you to make things more efficiently than just shapecrafting. For example, consider advanced circuits. These are all the resources needed to make them.
Code:
1ea Advanced Circuit:
1ea Advanced Circuit Plate
  which needs 1ea silicon plate
    which needs 2ea silicon cells in the industrial blast furnace
  and 4ea electrum plates in the assembling machine
    which needs 4ea silver and 4ea gold in the alloy smelter followed by 4ea ingots in the platebender
2ea Advanced Circuit Parts in the assembling machine
  which needs 1ea lapis and 1ea glowstone in the assembling machine

My secondary network handles all that and the final shapecrafting and simply exports circuits back into the primary network until a desired stock level is reached. The primary network only exports resources to specific stocking levels in the secondary network such that the vast bulk of material remains in the primary network. Since these are completely separate networks (two controllers), they can't be joined by a singularity gate (that's not what that does).

Separating things like this allows me to use the more efficient, yet time consuming, machines in Gregtech to maximum effect. The first time I built a separate processing network like this, I just built it next to the primary network, which was a mistake. If the cables join, it's possible to connect a bus to the wrong network. It's a LOT easier to handle network to network transfers via ender chests and also visually easier to hide all the fiddly bits.

Regardless, I'm glad you got it worked out.

FastTquick

Jul 29, 2019
I only split off a minimum of resources to the secondary network. It's all controlled by level emitters. More recent versions of Gregtech allows you to make things more efficiently than just shapecrafting. For example, consider advanced circuits. These are all the resources needed to make them.
Code:
1ea Advanced Circuit:
1ea Advanced Circuit Plate
  which needs 1ea silicon plate
    which needs 2ea silicon cells in the industrial blast furnace
  and 4ea electrum plates in the assembling machine
    which needs 4ea silver and 4ea gold in the alloy smelter followed by 4ea ingots in the platebender
2ea Advanced Circuit Parts in the assembling machine
  which needs 1ea lapis and 1ea glowstone in the assembling machine

My secondary network handles all that and the final shapecrafting and simply exports circuits back into the primary network until a desired stock level is reached. The primary network only exports resources to specific stocking levels in the secondary network such that the vast bulk of material remains in the primary network. Since these are completely separate networks (two controllers), they can't be joined by a singularity gate (that's not what that does).

Separating things like this allows me to use the more efficient, yet time consuming, machines in Gregtech to maximum effect. The first time I built a separate processing network like this, I just built it next to the primary network, which was a mistake. If the cables join, it's possible to connect a bus to the wrong network. It's a LOT easier to handle network to network transfers via ender chests and also visually easier to hide all the fiddly bits.

Regardless, I'm glad you got it worked out.

That's an awesome network you made. Truth be told, even though I know how each individual item and block in FTB works, I'm not savvy enough to make complicated creative contraptions like that to perform creative and unorthodox tasks. It would be cool if ME level emitters can emit redstone signals based on if there's work to be done or not. I could connect those to dark cables to turn on or off sections of ME network I've dedicated to autocrafting. That way, I won't have to clog up my autocrafting network with mundane tasks like combining tiny piles of dusts into normal sized dusts to send to furnaces unless there's an absolute reason to.

Siro

Jul 29, 2019
That's an awesome network you made. Truth be told, even though I know how each individual item and block in FTB works, I'm not savvy enough to make complicated creative contraptions like that to perform creative and unorthodox tasks. It would be cool if ME level emitters can emit redstone signals based on if there's work to be done or not. I could connect those to dark cables to turn on or off sections of ME network I've dedicated to autocrafting. That way, I won't have to clog up my autocrafting network with mundane tasks like combining tiny piles of dusts into normal sized dusts to send to furnaces unless there's an absolute reason to.

Incidentally, combining tiny piles into normal dusts and sending them off to be smelted is another thing my secondary network handles. The smelted output just goes back into the primary network. It's not really all that creative in that I just kept throwing more assembling machines at it until I was stocking all the things (which is made easier by stocking all the stuff that goes into an assembling machine). Part of my drive for figuring out how to do things this way is that the first time I built a fusion reactor, the sheer volume of machines required to both produce significant quantities of the components and handle the fuel generation was so enormous that my house became known as the lag house on the server. Doing it this way I can relocate all my processing/machines to somewhere far away from my primary base (and other people).

Side note, the quantum singularity IS good for the home away from home type base where you don't want to put in a lot of infrastructure and just want access to your primary network. It does need considerable power though. I think there's also an alternative with logistics pipes or something along those lines.