My (and my friends') Beyond Experience (short feedback)

Rebmes

Jul 29, 2019
When Beyond was at a stable 1.2.1, I started up a server for me and my friends and family. We played that, until 1.5.3, and then we started over on that version. If I may, here are 2 things that we feel weren't great in this modpack.

1) It's been short-lived. We expected new content, and we got some, but a lot of the 1.10 content is just copies of 1.7 content. We did enjoy what we got, and it was neat how we were forced to do more EnderIO with TE being so incomplete; we didn't know how cool EnderIO was until now. It was disappointing to see so many mods missing or incomplete, we didn't realize just how extreme this would be.

2) There's a major resource-acquirement imbalance. Everyone felt that the TiC tools are more difficult to use - and they are, until you level them up - and even then the durability is generally a lot lower. So resources acquisition was a bit lower in the early game, and it's great to have a good curve in TiC. But then, you build an EnvironmentalTech Void Ore Miner, and you're set. Set it, chunkload it, and forget it. Boom infinite resources, and faster with upgrades. There are MANY ways to generate OODLES of power in Beyond, but these awesome mods (Deep Resonance, Big/Extreme Reactors, etc) go to waste, as nothing takes much power. You would think the Ore Miner would eat up a ton of power, to drive players into using these cool power-generating mods.

Thanks for reading,

Rebmes

TheMagikarpGuy

Jul 29, 2019
I can confirm that TiC tools are a bit weaker as of 1.10, but they aren't half as bad as some think. Shurikens are particularly cool, and I found an Ardite/Stone/Cobalt hammer with a Knightslime rod to be really fast and easy to repair (oh, and remember that Sharpening Kits can be used to repair tools on the fly; even Crossbows, while not as powerful as before, are pretty good at their job (I use an Electrum limb one with Demonic+ Blaze Rod Bolts, pretty good at killing stuff at a long range with no trajectory calculations). The tools are still powerful, not quite as much as before, and I like it that way.

EnvironmentalTech is OP, but in the end any kitchen sink pack ends up with having a stupid infinite resource, set and forget quarry (I tried out the Mining Laser from ActuallyAdditions, but mam they were damn lag machines).

I am looking forward to seeing TC and such in the mix as well, and in the end let's remember that the 1.10 modding age is still young.