Mushroom Farms

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

netmc

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a way to automate a mushroom farm outside of the forestry multi-farm? I'm anti-apatite. Running Ultimate 1.1.0.

Neirin

Jul 29, 2019
MFR can even do both types: giant mushroom (if you're using fertilizer) or simply farming up the ones that spread naturally.

However, my favorite way of getting mushrooms is centrifuging Mycelium that I get from moisteners. It doesn't quite scratch that itch of wanting an actual farm, but I think it makes up for that by being interestingly roundabout.

Reactions: netmc

netmc

Jul 29, 2019
What MFR machines would I need to accomplish this (the giant kind)? I'm still learning MFR.

Daemonblue

Jul 29, 2019
Harvester and planter for basic use, then add a fertilizer if you want to make the mushrooms grow. Due to how the harvester seeks blocks to harvest I'd suggest not giving it an upgrade for increased range since it just increases the time to find blocks to harvest.

Henry Link

Popular Member
Dec 23, 2012
USA - East Coast
Normally I don't like to necro a thread. But I have a question along the same lines. I'm playing obscurity and I need a tall mushroom farm. The problem is this pack doesn't contain MFR and the progressive automation farms don't work. Axe of the stream doesn't work so setting up a TC golem farm is out. So I'm wondering if anyone else has a good suggestion.

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
Normally I don't like to necro a thread. But I have a question along the same lines. I'm playing obscurity and I need a tall mushroom farm. The problem is this pack doesn't contain MFR and the progressive automation farms don't work. Axe of the stream doesn't work so setting up a TC golem farm is out. So I'm wondering if anyone else has a good suggestion.
If you've got EnderIO, its farming station may be able to do it; I'm not sure. If you've got Agricraft, then it should almost certainly work on mushrooms growing on Agricraft crop sticks.

Failing that, if you don't absolutely need the giant mushrooms, you could set up a vanilla-style farm for small mushrooms, using water streams, pistons, or mod-added block breakers to harvest the ones that grow.

If you do need giant mushrooms (if they give extra drops in Obscurity, if the small mushrooms are just too slow and/or would need a farm bigger than you want to deal with in order to get enough of them, or if you just like overengineering stuff in ridiculous ways), then you'd need a block placer to place small mushrooms, a fake player (such as an Autonomous Activator) to apply fertilizer, and some way to harvest them. The last is likely the most difficult, but is possible with the right mods and some engineering. I don't know what mods are in Obscurity, but if you've got Funky Locomotion or a similar mod and some block breakers that don't mind being moved (AE2 annihilation planes work well), you can set up a frame contraption to handle it. If you've got RFTools, its Builder block has a mode that should be able to do the job. For that matter, with Botania, you could even pull it off with a wall of mana spreaders with bore lenses, some redstone, and a bunch of cleverly-placed mana pools.

Henry Link

Popular Member
Dec 23, 2012
USA - East Coast
obscurity is a lighter pack. So I do enderio and I'll give that a try. Not sure about the formation planes since I have no way to move them. As for the vanilla farm it is way to slow. My process right now is to bone meal a mushroom and cut it down. This nets me about 4 to 6 mushrooms. But I need a few thousand and they must be the brown vanilla mushrooms as well.

netmc

Jul 29, 2019
Since you appear to have thaumcraft, you can use an arcane bore to harvest them. Place an arcane bore 64 blocks above the ground pointed down. Have golems place brown mushrooms in the center. Then have a use golem place bonemeal on the mushroom. When. It grows to a giant, the arcane bore will harvest it.

Reactions: Henry Link