Multiple Soul Cages wired up Redpower-style?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

SmokeLuvr1971

Jul 29, 2019
You could always go with a quicksand system.

Jazz Hands by Saice, on Flickr

How would you collects the drops, underground network of transposers + tubes? Also, do transposers/filters need to be pulsed to pick stuff up?

Actually, I think I've been over-designing this [with a somewhat vanilla mindset] to try and maximize spawn potential. Ex: my XP Blaze grinder starts with a 10x10 area around the spawner and piston-cones [Etho's Ice Cream Cone design] down to a 1x1 kill zone using 2 turtles. It's so effective, I can only leave it on for 1-2 minutes before I start to seriously lag [2 turtles cannot keep up]. And this is the only mob I required T5 for something other than the redstoned-cage ability.

Finally found a video with multiple redstoned cages and the spawning area is a normal 8x8 with no drop-zone for the mobs [the bottom of the spawn zone is right above the water flows]. Water pushes the mobs [in this case Blaze] 8 blocks into a line of turtles at head-height with transposers underneath to collect the drops. The brief time his system was active, it appeared the turtles had no problems keeping up with the mob stream. I know the water was helping, since they were Blaze, but this design was also much more compact than what I've been building.

I may have to use quicksand for the passives, as I'd like to keep them together [cows and chickens] unless I put the turtles at floor height with the collection system immediately the turtles.

Need to iron this out before I setup the Enderman's spawn area, as that one gets covered in water and redesigning afterwords is a pain beyond measure.

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
How would you collects the drops, underground network of transposers + tubes? Also, do transposers/filters need to be pulsed to pick stuff up?

In this build I had an air gap under the quicksand and transposers connected to tubes.

but you could also use Obsidian pipes or MFR item collectors too. Heck you could use conveyor belts the quick sand is two deep and everything dies before they make it through.[DOUBLEPOST=1372393548][/DOUBLEPOST]
I like quicksand but don't know where to find any on the server. (I didn't realise we have any actually. I thought it went out with EBXL)

This is not on the server. Its my old orbital corp build.

But there is quicksand its in the desert biomes. Its lighter colored.

Bigglesworth

Jul 29, 2019

Redweevil

Jul 29, 2019
Too many leavers. Do something creative with computercraft like sacrificing a certain mob type results in a spawner of the same time activating its brethren in an attempt for sweet retribution.[DOUBLEPOST=1372466619][/DOUBLEPOST]
If only we had a fast, simple and easy way to get information that we seek online.

Are you in a bad mood? I don't need to know where the save directory for screenshots are on a mac because I rarely if ever use it for gaming. Also your link is irrelevant, Minecraft and FtB save in different places on a mac this not remotely helpful.

And the levers were there to show OP how to wire it, not to trigger it. Y'know maybe you should've read it