Multiple javaw.exe instances

Status
Not open for further replies.

kcbanner

Jul 29, 2019
I've got multiple javaw.exe instances running when I play FTB. I can kill one of them and nothing bad happens, and performance increases. It seems to be the one with higher RAM usage most of the time.

What is the reason for this?

gsx2a

Jul 29, 2019
One is minecraft and the other one (the one which uses less cpu and ram) is the console. Closing the console window does not kill the process. Tha tmight be to keep logging the the console outputs. So if you close the second one it might stop logging the information.

kcbanner

Jul 29, 2019
The high CPU one seems to sometimes take more RAM than the actual Minecraft one. 2 GB vs 1GB. Also, I've disabled the console in the launcher and this is still happening.

gsx2a

Jul 29, 2019
The high CPU one seems to sometimes take more RAM than the actual Minecraft one. 2 GB vs 1GB. Also, I've disabled the console in the launcher and this is still happening.
Hmm that is weird... Are you sure that the one with the higher cpu is not minecraft?

Matthew83

Jul 29, 2019
I noticed this issue while troubleshooting some terrible framerate issues while playing the DW20 V4 pack and it worked great. I close the one using less memory though. I'm now playing the newest Mindcrack pack and this little trick works pretty good too. I notice even closing explorer.exe can help sometimes too. (Please don't close explorer.exe if you have no idea how to restart it!)

kcbanner

Jul 29, 2019
Ok, its been happening again today. After about 10 minutes with the game open, one javaw.exe process overtakes the other in memory 2.2GB vs 1GB, and has abou 70% CPU utilization. If I kill that my fps goes back up to 100.

bwillb

Jul 29, 2019
Ok, its been happening again today. After about 10 minutes with the game open, one javaw.exe process overtakes the other in memory 2.2GB vs 1GB, and has abou 70% CPU utilization. If I kill that my fps goes back up to 100.
Try importing your FTB instance into MultiMC and see if that has the same issue or not.

UnionCraft

Jul 29, 2019
Also having this problem, I have turned off the console

Its actually quite annoying, I have a quad core cpu running at 4.2GHz per core and it doesn't take long before its using 100% of all cores. 1 process which i believe is actually the game is taking up 80-90% with the second process taking up 10-20%, as you can imagine it starts lagging which it shouldn't be on my system (also have 12GBs RAM).

While RAM isn't an issue, the console process will end up being 1GB+ which seems ridiculous.

Status
Not open for further replies.