Multiplayer pack

JerryMac

Jul 29, 2019
IBurn36360 said:
Any and all servers that people make are allowed to be public. I think it would be counterproductive if we didn't allow you guys to spread the love =).
ya that totally makes sense :D had to ask to be totally sure about it!!
awesome thank you

Loothias

Jul 29, 2019
it will be interesting to see how FTB multiplayer maps/servers will run. You can just have people come in whenever you want.

adib

Jul 29, 2019
Loothias said:
it will be interesting to see how FTB multiplayer maps/servers will run. You can just have people come in whenever you want.
well, there are servers where you can start your own skyblock world, im not exactly sure how it works and if you can visit other worlds easily, but something like that for an larger server would be possible.

BouncyBalls

Jul 29, 2019
Probably one of those huge multi world ones were you can start your own world with a random person I guess?

DarkJDL

Jul 29, 2019
BouncyBalls said:
Pizza? Naw chocolate. Pizza doesnt really cheer me up
But I said "Dark" You're not Dark :( I am Dark! :(

BouncyBalls said:
Probably one of those huge multi world ones were you can start your own world with a random person I guess?

Do you mean like a Server with Many Skyblocks world(is there a "Skyblock" thing in Mystcraft?) and everyone gets assigned a teammate randomly and then each teams, on their own skyblocks, compete?

1ceviper

Jul 29, 2019
You can make void worlds in Mystcraft. For as far as I know, you then spawn on a (not sure) 10x10 platform or so, with only void around you. This would be the closest to skyblock I think. (I have yet to play with mystcraft, but I saw this on DW20's lets play, for the laser screen, and in the last episode.)

DarkJDL

Jul 29, 2019
1ceviper said:
You can make void worlds in Mystcraft. For as far as I know, you then spawn on a (not sure) 10x10 platform or so, with only void around you. This would be the closest to skyblock I think. (I have yet to play with mystcraft, but I saw this on DW20's lets play, for the laser screen, and in the last episode.)

yes, I saw DireWolf's LP too, But I was wondering if there could be a Mystcraft option to make a "Skyblock" type of map you know. like the original skyblock or you know, like a "FTB" tag in the Mystcraft age creation of the FTB modpack which would create a fresh "FTB" map It would be perfect for a "versus" SMP server, like you make one "main place" with like 10 warps with FTB dimensions and then each player have their own in the same server.
and then if there's a new player coming you can just take a book and spawn them a FTB map.
ofcourse if it was to exist it would probably take a while for the coder of mystcraft to make. But I think it wouldn't be impossible if there was a "Backup copy" of a fresh FTB map that would duplicate itself for World creation when making a new dimension with the "FTB" tag.
IF NOT; it's all very possible manually; IE Create all your dimensions then replace them manually with the FTB map so no worries lol

Canotsa

Jul 29, 2019
DarkJDL said:
1ceviper said:

yes, I saw DireWolf's LP too, But I was wondering if there could be a Mystcraft option to make a "Skyblock" type of map you know. like the original skyblock or you know, like a "FTB" tag in the Mystcraft age creation of the FTB modpack which would create a fresh "FTB" map It would be perfect for a "versus" SMP server, like you make one "main place" with like 10 warps with FTB dimensions and then each player have their own in the same server.
and then if there's a new player coming you can just take a book and spawn them a FTB map.
ofcourse if it was to exist it would probably take a while for the coder of mystcraft to make. But I think it wouldn't be impossible if there was a "Backup copy" of a fresh FTB map that would duplicate itself for World creation when making a new dimension with the "FTB" tag.
IF NOT; it's all very possible manually; IE Create all your dimensions then replace them manually with the FTB map so no worries lol

Maybe an addon for Mystcraft.
I don't want random FTB describtive books ;P

adib

Jul 29, 2019
Canotsa said:
DarkJDL said:
1ceviper said:

Maybe an addon for Mystcraft.
I don't want random FTB describtive books ;P
you could just create books and copy the dimension but you'd have the TT issue.

Tjakehaslam

Jul 29, 2019
1ceviper said:
I saw it too but most of the void worlds get corrupted unfortunatly.

adib

Jul 29, 2019
Tjakehaslam said:
1ceviper said:
they never have for me, and you shouldnt double post. there is an edit button ^^

Reactions: PierceSG

Tjakehaslam

Jul 29, 2019
adib said:
Tjakehaslam said:
1ceviper said:
they never have for me, and you shouldnt double post. there is an edit button ^^
hmm, I will reinstall it then, and ok sorry

adib

Jul 29, 2019
frederikam said:
BouncyBalls said:
Pizza? Naw chocolate. Pizza doesnt really cheer me up

Chocolate? Naw cake. chocolate (unless its a chocolate cake) doesn't cheer me up
please get back on topic, well it might've corrupted but i never not iced.

1ceviper

Jul 29, 2019
Is there any ETA on the multiplayer pack, or would I be better off just doing a manual install of all the mods. I would really love to play insanity co-op with my friend :p

adib

Jul 29, 2019
1ceviper said:
Is there any ETA on the multiplayer pack, or would I be better off just doing a manual install of all the mods. I would really love to play insanity co-op with my friend :p
eta is when it is done, if you go #ftb in espernet you can find an beta ttough

1ceviper

Jul 29, 2019
adib said:

Thanks. I kinda figured asking for an ETA would be a bit... rude, but Im happy to see that there is an open beta. Will check it out once my internet goes above 6kB/s, and I can actually download it .

adib

Jul 29, 2019
1ceviper said:
adib said:

Thanks. I kinda figured asking for an ETA would be a bit... rude, but Im happy to see that there is an open beta. Will chec it out once my internet goed above 6kB/s, and I can actually download it .
ouch 6kb/s thats really terrible, hope it gets better soon

MrSphex

Jul 29, 2019
adib said:
1ceviper said:
adib said:

Thanks. I kinda figured asking for an ETA would be a bit... rude, but Im happy to see that there is an open beta. Will chec it out once my internet goed above 6kB/s, and I can actually download it .
ouch 6kb/s thats really terrible, hope it gets better soon

D: Only 6KB/s?! That's only 48 kb/s dude! Hopefully you can upgrade soon, as Adib said. And I thought 20 Mb/s was slow :[ (Lower case b meaning bits and upper case being bytes, where 8 bits = 1 byte)