Multifarm won't work

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Jacobsk

Jul 29, 2019
I play in the unleashed 1.1.3 pack with all mods enabled and i can't get my multifarm to work. i have the very large setup and i want to plant rubber trees. i have an aqueous accumulator for water, fertilizer, dirt in the left slots and saplings in the right and constant power. it plants the humus but will not plant the saplings. the hydration is at 300%.

Wekmor

Jul 29, 2019
i use rubber saplings, for the rubber tree that also drops raw rubber per log

Since those are added by MFR they probably don't work with the multifarms. Try to use some vanilla oak saplings.
Oh or just use the MFR farms, much better anyways

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
Where do you have the Gear Box connected? My general advice for people is to connect it to the multiblock from the bottom.(has worked for 100% of the people I've suggested it to, all 1 of them!)
Also where do you have, well, everything connected? I'll outright say this, nothing can connect to the second row from the top and work. Other then, of course, bricks you're using to build the structure with and for dirt to go on for stuff to grow on.

Also, idiot testing, but what kind, if any, of circuits did you solder to your circuit board, if you have one installed?

Reactions: egor66

MigukNamja

Jul 29, 2019
The 'Arboretum' won't plant rubber trees of either variety. I've tried ! Rather, if you want rubber from a Forestry Multifarm, you'll have to use a 'Manual' farm, put rubber tubes in the circuit, and plant the IC2 rubber trees yourself. It will harvest the IC2 Sticky Resin. I haven't tried MFR rubber trees, but I don't believe that will work. But, with IC2 rubber trees, the sticky resin throughput (amount harvested) is insane. You'll only need a few IC2 rubber tree trunks to get a steady supply of Sticky Resin. You can also grow the rubber tree trunks directly adjacent to each other. The sticky resin will 'grow' even on a completely surrounded trunk and the farm will harvest it. I made the mistake the first time of growing 20+ IC2 rubber trees, and I was drowning in resin. I ended up converting most of them to an AE singularity.

If you want to _chop_ down rubber trees, I'd go with an MFR tree farm with MFR rubber trees.

There are also turtle-based rubber tree farms, but those are more difficult to setup.

Reactions: Museli

egor66

Jul 29, 2019
Okay better late than never, lots of none forestry saplings are not very compatible with the multi block farm, Sengir will most likely fix this at some stage, but if you want insane amounts of rubber or anything else for that matter use mfr planter/harvester, the benefits are huge & obvious as soon as you start using its, easy to extend with a simple upgrade, you may have up to 9 types of trees/plants at a time in one farm, so easy to control & swap out sapling/seeds at the drop of a hat, as you may have guessed I do like mfr & its ease of use for automation.