Multifarm Power

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

earthmage7

Jul 29, 2019
How much power does a full size(5x5x4) multifarm need? It has all birch trees and is the largest size that it can be. I have 4 industrial steam engines running at full power(8MJ) into the farm. Am I putting too much power into the farm or not enough? What is the maximum amount of energy the farm can take? What does the amount of power change? Thanks

The main question I am asking is how much power can a multifarm take and what will the amount of power change?

Zjarek_S

Jul 29, 2019
It depends on the trees (how fast growing, how tall and wide they are, how many leaves they have etc.). However 4 industrial steam engines is definitely overkill, I'd use 4 peat engines maximum. To check it exactly, just place redstone energy cell for example half full with 100 MJ/t output and reduced input to some small number like 3 MJ/t and check which input is needed for this multifarm. Keep in mind that some types of farms work worse with more power, for example orchard (it checks leaves faster and consume fertilizer for checking leaves).