Multicraft and Whispers

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

nardavin

Jul 29, 2019
Ok... I have a small private server for my friends run off of Multicraft. Long story short, I need to figure out a way to view the whisper chats. Is it possible and if so how? While i'm posting this, I have another question: Is it possible to fool Multicraft to think that the server is running? (FTB has a glitch where the status will never say it is actually running, and therefore I cannot use any of the in-game commands, such as chatting from the console and giving players items.) Please help...

whizzball1

Jul 29, 2019
I was going to host a server, but when the thread got declined, I PMed Rob to see why, and he never responded. It's been 1-2 months now. I'm really pissed.

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
Um why do you want to spy on your players chat.

That is kind of rude.

Whovian

Jul 29, 2019
Just let the ruddy friends prank you. I did that once. Lost 13 stacks of Diamonds, but I did not once even consider regretting it.

Chocorate

Jul 29, 2019
We're all friends. I think they are planning to prank me and i just want to know.
The best thing to do in this situation is get crafty and prank them harder. Also, it wouldn't be a bad idea to set up some pitfalls with SecretRooms Mod.

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
Friends pranking cool
Out smarting them cool
Using your admin status to spy on them so you can "out smart" them not cool

Reactions: Skirty_007

nardavin

Jul 29, 2019
OK, I get it, don't spy on them... But does anyone have an answer to my second question, that was if and how to trick Multicraft into thinking the server's on so i can do server functions?

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
The best thing to do in this situation is get crafty and prank them harder. Also, it wouldn't be a bad idea to set up some pitfalls with SecretRooms Mod.
Be careful with those camouflage blocks though, particularly the glass. One-way glass next to anything other than a mundane vanilla block can easily lead to a crash.
Secret Camo Gate + One-way Glass = Crash upon opening the gate. The server might restart OK.
One-way Glass + Basalt = Permacrash, as I found. You'll need to change the block ID to get things working again.

This is why I am currently on my fourth test world in the Ultimate pack. The second one wasn't technically dead, but I spawned very near a Thaumcraft totem ring (and Chaos node), so I didn't want to stick around.

DZCreeper

Jul 29, 2019
I jump straight to nuclear warfare if people get within walking distance of my base, can't take the chance they can also fly up to my tower of power and start doing wacky things with my barrels and wireless recievers.

Overkill perhaps, I suggest biological attacks with potions first, then escalate based on my professional opinion*.

*Opinion not actually professional, and no, I am not on any terrorist watch list, don't waste time looking.

Mrtubzy

Jul 29, 2019
Multicraft isn't setup for hosting ftb so, even though the server is online, it says it's offline. If your hosting service starts recognizing ftb and using it then they will set it up so that it will read online when it is online. When I first started my server it always said it was offline but, as ftb got more popular, the company that hosts my server added it to their modpack capabilities.

That's the only way that I know of for the server to appear online. It's all serverside and nothing you can do to change it.

nardavin

Jul 29, 2019
Multicraft isn't setup for hosting ftb so, even though the server is online, it says it's offline. If your hosting service starts recognizing ftb and using it then they will set it up so that it will read online when it is online. When I first started my server it always said it was offline but, as ftb got more popular, the company that hosts my server added it to their modpack capabilities.

That's the only way that I know of for the server to appear online. It's all serverside and nothing you can do to change it.
Thanks, but I bought an FTB specific server, so you would think that it would already be fixed if it ever will.