Moving shop

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Brammm

Jul 29, 2019
Hi all

I was wondering: I updated my mods and created a new mystcraft age to accomodate for new world gen mechanics (I play with the Mindcrack config and already spent quite a bit of time in my previous world, didn't want to start over). In this world, I built a huge new base that I would like to call home.

But I was wondering, is there a way (MCEdit, NBTEditor...) to make this newly generated world the Overworld?

Another thing I was wondering: I made this world Eternal Day, but would like to change it to normal time. Is this possible

Xakthos

Jul 29, 2019
NBTEditor can definitely turn it from Eternal Day to normal time, just edit the agedata_##.dat file in the data directory under the world save.

I'm not sure about making it the overworld, never tried that but I have done the NBTEditor to change a precreated mystworld's tags.

DZCreeper

Jul 29, 2019
I thought you could just transfer the age files into the overworld folder? Maybe I am wrong, but at worst I thought you just needed a little NBT edit magic and some file renaming.

Rule # __: Make some backups OP.

Brammm

Jul 29, 2019
Several backups have been made :p However, I made the problem more complicated for myself.

I had extrabees disabled at the start of my world, decided I'd like to give it a go after all and also updated a lot of mods that affect world gen (forestry, mystcraft...). So, I think it would be best if I just started a new world. But I don't feel like giving up my base. I've spent hours on it and am proud of it, plus, I play on gregtech hardmode, so don't really feel starting all over again. So I'm thinking I should move the base to the new world.
- However, the Buildcraft builder is currently broken (I discovered this after an hour of fiddling around with it >_>).
- I tried opening my Mystcraft world in MCEdit, but it's just blank screen, I don't see anything.
- Lastly, I installed SinglePlayerCommands in an attempt to create a schematic of the thing, but when I try to load it, it gives me an error about blockids below 0.

Is there something I'm doing wrong in MCEdit possibly? A way around the SPC error? Or is there another way of moving a large structure (~ 40*30*35 blocks) between dimensions/saves?

budge

Jul 29, 2019
MCEdit doesn't play well with modded blocks. I've heard of a turtle program that can reconstruct a structure from a schematic file, so maybe there is also one to deconstruct a building and save it to a schematic file.

Brammm

Jul 29, 2019
Crappers. It has about 6000 Marble brick blocks >_>. Might be fastest if I clean the building out, replace all modded blocks with vanilla blocks (Wand of Equal Trade ftw) and try again. Will be faster than doing it all again.

Abdiel

Jul 29, 2019
If you're fine with just regenerating your old world (you will get the new beeehives, but keep the terrain and your base), download the latest dev version of MCEdit and prune chunks around your base. As this operation is only deleting chunks, it shouldn't have any negative effects. (Keyword shouldn't, make a backup.)