Moving existing world into a mystcraft age.

Pixelmnkey

Jul 29, 2019
Hello, would it be possible to move the current world we're using on our server to a mystcraft age? So all my players don't lose any items once i create a new world when rp2 comes out. They will just log into their normal houses, empty chests and move to the new world.

Is it possible?

Thanks.

EDIT: Also, it will be necesary to reset the world once rp2 comes out for the new ores to spam i guess?

Woodopriest

Jul 29, 2019
It is possible to move an world into an mystcraft age, I've tried it and it works. Found it on a web page, just can't seem to find it right now :-/

And it's not necessary to reset an world , I am going to do it the easy way, just make an mining age. Only time I reset the world is when the configs are altered.

So back to the moving part.... Let's see if I can remeber how I did it.

You'll need NBT explorer program (I used it)

Step 1: with the help of NBT program, open the level.dat in your world save. Expand the data node.
Write down the SpawnX,SpawnY,SpawnZ coordinates.

Step 2: Open the data folder in your world save (where you have your mystcraft ages) Open the agedata_<number>.dat (the one you want to export the world into) with the NBT software.

Step 3: Find the SpawnX, SpawnZ, SpawnY entries, and type in the numbers you have written down earlier.

Step 4: Hit da save button.

Step 5: From the world save folder ( the world your are going to copy), copy the region and data folder ( I just copied all of it) into the mystcraft age you have desided for.

Step 6: start the client/server...if on a server... log on and jump to your new age :-D

Just a few notes, I did this and it worked. just a few small bugs. Like world gen.

Hope this helpes. I know it's a bit bad explenation and my english is not the best.

Cya around .. sincerly Woodopriest

Reactions: Spasticon

Pixelmnkey

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks for the help i'll totally try it, the world gen is not a big deal, i'll make my players move their items to the new world since there's not world edit and i can't copy anything ( World edit isn't ported to forge yet, is it? ).

Renfeild

Jul 29, 2019
Wouldnt this not work since the item IDs are being changed? At least importing their current FTB world to a new one.

arthahar

Oct 31, 2012
About worlgen part: you need set proper seed value into agedata_<number>.dat and then worldgen will identical as in overworld.
Also not forget disable instabuility into agedata_<number>.dat and maybe edit other age settings.

kevinthedude2000

Jul 29, 2019
When I move worlds around, I just create a random age, open its save folder, delete everything in it, and move in everything from the world that you are moving in. Presto! you moved your world into a mystcraft age, no extra programs or special knowledge required.

EDIT: Here is a step-by-step instructions:

(Note: Minecraft must be completely closed when you do this!)
Step 1: Locate the save file for the world you want to move and the age that you want to replace.
Step 2: Delete everything inside the save folder for the mystcraft age.
Step 3: Move/copy everything from the world you want to move into the now empty mystcraft age save folder.
Step 4: Enjoy your new mystcraft age!
Note: This also works if you want to move a mystcraft age into a normal world save file.

Edit2: Im gonna make a thread for this to stop people from asking about it.

Bråthen

Jul 29, 2019
When I move worlds around, I just create a random age, open its save folder, delete everything in it, and move in everything from the world that you are moving in. Presto! you moved your world into a mystcraft age, no extra programs or special knowledge required.

EDIT: Here is a step-by-step instructions:

(Note: Minecraft must be completely closed when you do this!)
Step 1: Locate the save file for the world you want to move and the age that you want to replace.
Step 2: Delete everything inside the save folder for the mystcraft age.
Step 3: Move/copy everything from the world you want to move into the now empty mystcraft age save folder.
Step 4: Enjoy your new mystcraft age!
Note: This also works if you want to move a mystcraft age into a normal world save file.

Edit2: Im gonna make a thread for this to stop people from asking about it.

If you want the world-gen and spawn to work you'll need to alter the .dat file for the Mystage. As Arthahar stated otherwise you probably would end up on a block in nowhere far away from land.