Moving Aura nodes - alternatives?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Ieldra

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2014
Lately, I've been moving aura nodes around with Blood Magic teleposers. Also, I've done the standard Thaumcraft method in the past.

I'm wondering if there is yet another method, because in my current world I have other things to do than to build up a level 4 blood altar just to make telepositioning foci. On the other hand, I don't really mind the effort of doing it with standard Thaumcraft but I highly resent the fact that half the nodes end up pale (at least that's what they did the last time I used the "Node in a Jar", which was some time ago). That makes these things an incredible chore.

So, are there alternatives to moving nodes around with Thaumcraft's "Node in a Jar" or Blood Magic's teleposers?

Ieldra

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2014
Archimedes ships works. Even used a console to transport a functioning energized node.
Seems like a great opportunity to learn a mod I've never used before. Is there some info about it (preferable written)? Am I right in assuming that I can make any node the part of a moving structure?

PierceSG

Jul 29, 2019
It is kind of a necro but I don't want to make a new thread for the question I'm going to ask.

Does Blood Magic's Teleposer still work for moving Thaumcraft's nodes?

I've seen a lot of discussions saying that WayofTime have blacklisted TC nodes from working with the Teleposer, but yet I still see people states that teleposer will work for moving nodes.

GreenZombie

Jul 29, 2019
I don't know what build of Blood Magic it has been disabled in. I know that the version of Blood Magic included with Direwolf20 1.3.1 (for MC 1.7.10) ((the version on the server I'm playing against)) the teleposers DO work.

Reactions: PierceSG

Ieldra

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2014
Meanwhile, a new method for moving Aura Nodes has surfaced: Automagy 0.25 has a new research item for a method to move aura nodes with no chance of degradation. It is expensive in vis (you'll need a staff, a wand can't hold enough) and you'll need a lot of Warded Glass (at first glance it's like the original TC method, only with warded glass instead of normal glass), but quite probably (haven't tried it yet) it's worth it.

BTW, I'd still like to know if Funky Locomotion can move aura nodes...

thephoenixlodge

Jul 29, 2019
Meanwhile, a new method for moving Aura Nodes has surfaced: Automagy 0.25 has a new research item for a method to move aura nodes with no chance of degradation. It is expensive in vis (you'll need a staff, a wand can't hold enough) and you'll need a lot of Warded Glass (at first glance it's like the original TC method, only with warded glass instead of normal glass), but quite probably (haven't tried it yet) it's worth it.

BTW, I'd still like to know if Funky Locomotion can move aura nodes...
I was playing with this today. It does indeed use warded glass in place of regular glass. It also replaces the wooden slabs with silverwood logs, which you then have to use the warding focus on.

Reactions: PierceSG

Ieldra

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2014
I was playing with this today. It does indeed use warded glass in place of regular glass. It also replaces the wooden slabs with silverwood logs, which you then have to use the warding focus on.
Please tell me it's silverwood planks, not logs. The latter would be prohibitively expensive...

GreenZombie

Jul 29, 2019
Has anyone tried / can confirm or deny that Applied Energistics spatial storage is capable of moving thaumcraft things, including nodes?

mathchamp

Jul 29, 2019
I personally like to use the RFTools builder to move nodes. It costs 5 million RF to move a node, though. You will probably want to bring a tesseract or energy cell around with you as well if you want to move more than one or two nodes in one trip.

Note that with RFTools you can have the node stabilizers in place back at home before you move the nodes in, so you can theoretically set up an area of arbitrary size, then run around and start teleporting all the nodes you can find.