Moving a Redpower Frame machine

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Lonewolf187

Jul 29, 2019
Hello everyone:
I was wondering if there was a good way to move an entire Redpower machine from one location to another. I'm not talking about moving the machine with frame movers, I'm talking about moving the entire machine to another location like another mystcraft location. Can the buildcraft builder do this if I were to set it up in a blueprint?

Exedra

Jul 29, 2019
I do believe if the mystcraft portal is big enough, you can fly a frame machine through it. Possible misunderstanding.

Lonewolf187

Jul 29, 2019
Would a Mystcraft portal move the entire machine or for example a tunnel bore with block breakers in front would it just move those and leave the rest of the machine back at the portal or would the rest of the machine move through till the fame motors move through and the rest is stuck since the fame moves are nolonger part of the frame? I've never tried it before.

Abdiel

Jul 29, 2019
Frames can't move blocks through portals.

BC Builder is bugged, can cause world corruption, and shouldn't be used until fixed. Even so, it couldn't replicate covers on frames last time I tried.

As far as I know there's no way to move a frame machine between worlds without manually rebuilding it.

[Edit] Turtles can place covers on frames. So you could have a turtle rebuild the entire frame machine. Still no way to automatically move across dimensions though. (You could pack the whole thing into an enderchest and retrieve it on the other side, but you need to get the turtle there somehow. And no, they can't pass through portals either.)

Exedra

Jul 29, 2019
It's easy to get the turtle there. Just use "label set FrameMachine" and when you break him he'll retain all his data.