move base with ae

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

kayla sharp

Jul 29, 2019
I'm playing ftb monster I haven't ever made an ae system before but I'm googling it so I'll be able to do that, I've set up a 64x64 quarry I'm getting recourses but I'm still at my starter house I want to move really far bc the place I am is really ugly so I think what I do is take a bunch of the drives and just move and set up another mac and insert them.. Not sure sorry. Oh and I'm also really needing enderpearls I set up a valnilla no spawner but barley getting any endermen

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
If you're just looking to move your items, create a few ME Storage Drives, and place them into either an ME Chest or ME Drive. From there, dump everything in either manually or with a Storage Bus. When you have everything inserted, just pull out the drives and you'll be good to go.

Applied Energistics wiki page in case of any questions about the blocks I mentioned.
Ender Pearls solution, credits to Saice.

Reactions: RealSketch

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
like all the beggining guides to mods on the wiki they are like step by step really good but this one isn'tisn't

Which one though? The one about the ender farm, or is there one in the AE pages I missed?

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
To move your inventory you want to make an ME Drive, put storage cells in it, stuff all your possessions into the network (you can either use storage buses to do this or just make an ME Access Terminal and do it the simple and manual way).

When you want to move things, you can just take the storage cells out and put them in the drive when you get to your new location :)

The MAC is a multiblock structure which is used to craft things using other things in your inventory and encoded recipes that you store inside it. You don't need this if you just want to store things.

kayla sharp

Jul 29, 2019
Oh dang no
Okay... There isn't a guide for AE up on the wiki (we're actually looking for someone to write one), and Saice's solution is step by step on how to create it. So I'm confused on this:
No guide on ae :/ and I mean sorry is there a way to increase the spawn rate of just endermen? I'm getting so many of everythig else

TheAwesomater

Jul 29, 2019
I'm playing ftb monster I haven't ever made an ae system before but I'm googling it so I'll be able to do that, I've set up a 64x64 quarry I'm getting recourses but I'm still at my starter house I want to move really far bc the place I am is really ugly so I think what I do is take a bunch of the drives and just move and set up another mac and insert them.. Not sure sorry. Oh and I'm also really needing enderpearls I set up a valnilla no spawner but barley getting any endermen
If you really wanted to move your base you could use spatial storage pylons to move a very large structure.

MacAisling

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2013
Kearneysville, West Virginia
That mob trap worked with MC 1.4.7, but with the changes in the mob ai's in newer versions of MC, it is really only good for zombies now. I had more luck just hunting endermen at night until I had enough pearls to use to find a stronghold & get to the end.