Motivation After Losing Everything?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

KirinDave

Jul 29, 2019
I just died and lost all my gear from starvation while being afk.. How do other people stay motivated after this sort of thing happens to them? I could really use some help from fellow FTB players. Thanks for any help *sigh

Do you not keep backups of most of your stuff?

As for your expensive armor, take this as an opportunity to explore other types of armor!

Conguy97

Jul 29, 2019
I'm sure when I get the server going in less than a week hopefully, then with some nice people around to work together as a whole will get you back on track. (have 2 other that should be joining as well as me and you)
Make sure to message me when the server is up and running

Bigglesworth

Jul 29, 2019
Learn from your mistakes and move on.

PS. You making this thread and all the replies you got are the learning bit. Most would just quit because the game didnt hand over WIN on a silver platter

DarkWasp

Jul 29, 2019
When I read the title I expected the story to be a little more along the lines of: "I had an ME Drive with 245,000 items in it and it was over a pool of lava and I accidentally broke the drive and the storage cells fell in."

What would motivate me to play after a loss? Well the fact that I can't stop thinking about FTB every day. I think that would do it.

namiasdf

Jul 29, 2019
When I read the title I expected the story to be a little more along the lines of: "I had an ME Drive with 245,000 items in it and it was over a pool of lava and I accidentally broke the drive and the storage cells fell in."

What would motivate me to play after a loss? Well the fact that I can't stop thinking about FTB every day. I think that would do it.
I lol'd.

egor66

Jul 29, 2019
Spring water is the answer to many questions, Imperial bee is another, & if your motivated to make the stuff (yes its a technical term) in the first place...erm cough cough why even ask, next you'll be asking why we start a new map every so often or after a round of major updates, or play on server that we know will update in 30-60 days or less at times depending on admins skills, the answers are all the same Addiction is a cruel master.

Deftscythe

Jul 29, 2019
Why are people complaining that standing still shouldn't make you hungry.

If you go stand still for a while in real life, you shouldn't get hungry, according to your logic.

Why are you applying real world logic to a world that contains sentient exploding cacti, skeletons that ride giant spiders, and (soon) zombie horses? lol

Reactions: PeggleFrank