Most Missed mods on your current Version of MC.

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
Except one or two things it can't duplicate, Architecturecraft is almost as good and even better in others.

Henry Link

Popular Member
Dec 23, 2012
USA - East Coast
I'll beg to differ on that one. While Architecturecraft can work for certain things, I found it to rigid. Also, can't shift in glowstone for lighting or wheat to get a thatched roof. So most of my work now is with C&B. But I would love to combine C&B and Carpenters on some builds.

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019
I'll beg to differ on that one. While Architecturecraft can work for certain things, I found it to rigid. Also, can't shift in glowstone for lighting or wheat to get a thatched roof. So most of my work now is with C&B. But I would love to combine C&B and Carpenters on some builds.

I felt the same way when I started, but the more I played with it, the more I came to realize it has nearly everything Carpenter's Blocks offered and more. The Collapsible Blocks and the Glowstone trick are missing, true, but the thatch roof can be accomplished via Cladding. Carpenter's had nothing on the rounded edges and pillars, not to mention the overhangs and the windows. Oh yes, the windows! Nice looking frames if your chosen material with the ability to hold whatever kind of glass I like offers up some very nice options. Granted, I've only tested the Vanilla stained glass, but 16 colors plus clear glass provide enough to get started.

If you combine C&B and Architecturecraft, your options increase dramatically, leaving the one or two features Carpenter's had left behind for me. I will say Carpenter's was a bit better about understanding what I wanted to accomplish, but the Architecturecraft Hammer can get you where you need to go (thank God no durability on that thing).

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
Now that I have it, I wouldn't want not to, but at the same time, I would love to have Carpenter's back as well. Of course given the complexity of that mod, it's probably best to wait for it to be finished than rush it.

Reactions: MikW

Cptqrk

Popular Member
Aug 24, 2013
Thaumcraft (RIP, maybe)

MFR (I know it's in development, and has a current version out, but it's still way too buggy /sigh)

glepet1962

Nov 15, 2012
Twilight Forest. Didn't like when he made it progression based, so I just disabled that part. I liked exploring the land at my leisure. So much to like - the bosses, unique biomes, unique mobs, castles, minotaur maze, etc.

fowltief

Jul 29, 2019
automatic maiden Statues Mod - my personal favorite. would make statues of everyone on the server around a Marble temple like house and flowing liquid. people would think i'm medusa or something and leave me alone.Wish i could code just to bring this back.

Ancient warefare- our groups favorite- was always in a private mod pack. would try to make entire villages and have NPC workers zip around and do all the work for us. it was fun to watch.
This one is fairly complicated mod with AI and stuff so not expecting it to come back. MineColonies seems to be interesting... got to explore it more

Last edited:

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
automatic maiden Statues Mod - my personal favorite. would make statues of everyone on the server around a Marble temple like house and flowing liquid. people would think i'm medusa or something and leave me alone.Wish i could code just to bring this back.

Ancient warefare- our groups favorite- was always in a private mod pack. would try to make entire villages and have NPC workers zip around and do all the work for us. it was fun to watch.
This one is fairly complicated mod with AI and stuff so not expecting it to come back. MineColonies seems to be interesting... got to explore it more
From what I've seen of MineColonies in DW20's "Invasion" playthrough, it has some features like AW, but I don't know if you can get them to do your tedious chores like you could in AW. I'd like to see more too :)

I'd quite like to see the mod that allowed you to have single blocks with a room of various sizes in... can't remember what it was called. I want to say "Compact Machines"... it was used to great effect in the Obscurity modpack!

Reactions: fowltief

Starfang42

Jul 29, 2019
Thaumcraft, though if I ever get around to doing a 1.11 playthrough before Ender IO updates, that could change. I tend to rely on the multi-conduit system pretty heavily.

Cptqrk

Popular Member
Aug 24, 2013
Addition:

What ever mod gave us the Peaceful Table. My GF plays exclusively on peaceful mode (poor eyesight, fighting mobs = frustration) so she's not moved on from 1.7.4 yet.

Starfang42

Jul 29, 2019
Addition:

What ever mod gave us the Peaceful Table. My GF plays exclusively on peaceful mode (poor eyesight, fighting mobs = frustration) so she's not moved on from 1.7.4 yet.

There's a mod called MobRecipes for 1.10 and 1.11. Might be worth checking out. Found here

Open Blocks I believe.

Morph, which was hilariously fun.

Metamorph. It's got versions for 1.9,1.10,1.11, and even a version for 1.12.

Cptqrk

Popular Member
Aug 24, 2013
There's a mod called MobRecipes for 1.10 and 1.11. Might be worth checking out. Found here

Umm.. So that link leads to the Mod's page, and all the recipes require mob drops to make mob drops.. The description isn't very clear if the recipes shown are what you use..

4 bones for a skeleton head... need the bones... listed below is 2/mob drop 25% chance... still requires killing skeletons...

Starfang42

Jul 29, 2019
Umm.. So that link leads to the Mod's page, and all the recipes require mob drops to make mob drops.. The description isn't very clear if the recipes shown are what you use..

4 bones for a skeleton head... need the bones... listed below is 2/mob drop 25% chance... still requires killing skeletons...

Top middle recipe. 3 nether quartz => 3 bones. Gunpowder is coal+flint. Yeah some of the other recipes use mob drops, but there's a peaceful-useable recipe to get the basic drops.