Most efficient way of making Fart gas without huge mob "generators"

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Harvest88

Jul 29, 2019
Knowing that mobs are so CPU hungry I can't even run a chicken farm of 200 birds without serious lagging on my server. So what the most efficient way to produce the most Methane per cubic meter? Would MFR rubber trees and a fully ranged harvester and planter run a ton and half of centrifuges? or what do you guys do to make a lot of fart for your HP boilers? (you do get more than 50% eu out of boiling in max boiler than cost to centrifuge the gas vs only about 40% if you running it via turbines) Then I can get oil out this and run HP boilers on Fuel and do my favorite feedback loop of "infinite" Fuel.

Harvest88

Jul 29, 2019
Yea. Said that in the post. "So what the most efficient way to produce the most Methane per cubic meter?" but yes I means Methane or also known as CH4.

Blagballs

Jul 29, 2019
I'm toying with the idea of a chicken arc reactor,then I saw this thread! maybe now I will have the motivation build it up now!

natnif36

Jul 29, 2019
It comes from all food.
A basic golem melon farm would be pretty easy. And easily stackable upon multiple layers.

TheLegendaryFoxFire

Jul 29, 2019
One way is to get a Tier Five zombie soul shard, place it high enough where the zombies die on impact, have Tranposers suck up the rotten flesh and tube it into centrifuges for Methane. Another easy way is the old Melon/Golem farm to get plenty of slices to centrifuge. Another way if your playing ultimate is the Fisher machine and pipe out the fish to be centrifuge. The Fisher one would be most likely the less lag producing method. Hope this helped.

DoctorOr

Jul 29, 2019
Methane was only good as a rubber farm, and that's been nerfed/equalized/made pointless.

Harvest88

Jul 29, 2019
Yes Melons are the way to probably to go. Idk if the fisher even produce more raw fish than it's take make a methane cell for just 20k eu. Grinding a melon will get you 8 slices so you will only need 8 instead of 16 pumpkins and golems don't need power to run or even a block breaker setup since I'm not into TC3. I'm probably going to just fire up an oil fab and stockpile 230 buckets of fuel to fire up my "infinite" fuel loop. It's only about 39% extra with refining cost and conduit loss with a max boiler size but it's better than nothing.

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
Yes Melons are the way to probably to go. Idk if the fisher even produce more raw fish than it's take make a methane cell for just 20k eu. Grinding a melon will get you 8 slices so you will only need 8 instead of 16 pumpkins and golems don't need power to run or even a block breaker setup since I'm not into TC3. I'm probably going to just fire up an oil fab and stockpile 230 buckets of fuel to fire up my "infinite" fuel loop. It's only about 39% extra with refining cost and conduit loss with a max boiler size but it's better than nothing.
Given enough water to work with, the fisher can output decent amounts of fish. Try setting one up in a ocean.

Harvest88

Jul 29, 2019
They work better with more water than a 3x3 pool? If so what's the max dept and size pool will a fisher work the best? And with that what eu return would you get per methane cell in a fully heated max sized boiler with power converters and including the 25k centrifuging cost?

KirinDave

Jul 29, 2019
They work better with more water than a 3x3 pool? If so what's the max dept and size pool will a fisher work the best? And with that what eu return would you get per methane cell in a fully heated max sized boiler with power converters and including the 25k centrifuging cost?

I am not sure anyone knows this offhand. Please do investigate!

power crystals

Jul 29, 2019
The fisher is just on or off, there's no difference per amount of water (though some day I should really revisit this). As for if centrifishing is worth it, I have no idea.

Exadi

Jul 29, 2019
It's something like 49k EU to get a 45k methane cell. I've done the math before (going off this which says it's something between 2000 and 2055 EU per fish) but I forget the exact number of fish required. It's another way of converting MJ->EU if you don't have power converters or think they're too easy, though.

TheLegendaryFoxFire

Jul 29, 2019
The fisher isn't the most fastest way, but it is the one that makes less lag. Which is one of the points the OP wanted to make. Melons are still the fastest way by far.

Harvest88

Jul 29, 2019
and what's about all those claims that a T5 Blaze spawner can provide enough rods for 45 generators? With my there hardly enough to run 12 constantly. I'm killing them by suspending the spawner above water to carry the rods to the middle to an obby pipe to take the rods. So why I can't even run close to the claimed 45 generators? I'm making oil and going the fuel production route for "infinite" power.