Most Compact Boiler Design?

necrodermis

Jul 29, 2019
I came up with a boiler design on our server and decided to share it. I am also looking for anyone with ideas for improving it.

How it works:

The key components for this are power converters and transvector interfaces from the Thaumic Tinkerer mod. You have two boilers set up with one block seperating them. Between the boilers is a power converter set up with two steam consumers and the producer of your choice(bc producer in this setup.) Next, you put nine transvector interfaces on the top of each boiler and link them to a steam consumer. With the boilers automatically outputing to the steam consumers, this brings the total inputs for each consumer up to eleven(nine interfaces and one from each boiler side.) You must have two steam consumers because one cannot accept enough steam to run two boilers.

pam3.png
j1in.png

Any thoughts or ideas on this would be much appreciated.

Juanitierno

Jul 29, 2019
heya!
I havent toyed with the transvector thingies, i normally place the steam consumer against the middle block of the boiler, and then surround it with liquiducts to achieve max extraction.

it may not as compact as yours (i use 1 consumer per boiler), but i havent touched thaumcraft (waiting for 1.7)

necrodermis

Jul 29, 2019
The transvector interfaces are amazing. You can send power, liquid, and items through it at the same time. But the boilers I am using are high pressure and you need more than five sides on a steam consumer or more than one consumer to make full use of the boiler.

The interfaces are fairly cheap for how useful they are. I did hear they are changing to only send one type at time though.

Exedra

Jul 29, 2019
Doesn't Extra utilities have something that can do the same thing as the interface?

necrodermis

Jul 29, 2019
Doesn't Extra utilities have something that can do the same thing as the interface?

I think what you are thinking of is the transfer node. I don't know if there is a limit for how much they can send at once so for this they would work as long as they could keep up with the steam.

Transvector interfaces might be cheaper in the end because you would likely have to upgrade all the nodes to make them search for outputs faster and that gets costly quick.