Morph Mod, What can Fly?

Kazhang

Jul 29, 2019
I remember in .011 bat's could fly, which was awesome but also extremely OP. are there any mobs that can fly now in .012? I'm on a server, FINALLY found a bat, realized I couldn't fly, kind of upset but I did understand, wondering still though.

thephoenixlodge

Jul 29, 2019
Server Admin probably disabled mob abilities if you can't fly as a bat, so no mobs will be able to let you fly

Kazhang

Jul 29, 2019
Allow flight is true, mob abilities work on other things (Squids can breathe underwater/etc)

Even in single player, nothing has the flight ability.

hiroshi42

Jul 29, 2019
Allow flight is true, mob abilities work on other things (Squids can breathe underwater/etc)

Even in single player, nothing has the flight ability.
It is usually restricted till after you visit the nether, look at the configs in SP or just hop through a portal

Reactions: Tristam Izumi

Algester

Jul 29, 2019
unless iChun finally got it "balanced" in a server as long as someone finally got into the nether everyone else should fly, on the fixed version its now player based even in a server; bats, birds from twilight forest, birds from BoP? can fly pixie from BoP hasn't been added but I do think that can fly as well

Byte Templar

Jul 29, 2019
Im so waiting for iChun's balance changes to Morph, its still OP as heck and I allways disable the abilities. DW20 hinted some time ago, there gonna be big changes to it, now that the main function of the mod seems stable.

Sidorion

Jul 29, 2019
Actually my girlfriend can't even morph when playing in my game (open to LAN). Is there some kind of permission thingie, too (e.g. only ops can morph)?

Bruigaar

Jul 29, 2019
I believe he is going to make it so that flying eats away your hunger really fast and if you have no bar left and are morphed you take larger hunger hits.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hiroshi42

Jul 29, 2019
I believe he is going to make it so that flying eats away your hunger really fast and if you have no bar left and are morphed you take larger hunger hits.
Well flying/batform already eats away at hunger which makes it interesting to use with hunger overhaul.

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
As a reminder, bats were not the only mob that could fly in vanilla; just the only overworld one. Both Blazes and Ghasts can fly, Blazes have the advantage of being immune to fire as well(at the cost of getting hurt from water), ghasts have the same advantage as well, but are massive.

kaovalin

Jul 29, 2019
As a reminder, bats were not the only mob that could fly in vanilla; just the only overworld one. Both Blazes and Ghasts can fly, Blazes have the advantage of being immune to fire as well(at the cost of getting hurt from water), ghasts have the same advantage as well, but are massive.

Personally I think they should give you the same number of hearts as the mob you morph into. So being a bat would be super dangerous even with armor. Blazes are too annoying with particles on, and ghasts are way too big for me to ever want to use. Though I like that each morph has a con and isnt just all pros. That's really all the bat is missing.

kaovalin

Jul 29, 2019
Maybe blazes should set things around you on fire.

The particle effects are annoying enough. Real blazes dont cause this effect. Maybe if it also caused entities to touch you to catch fire as well (fire thorns?)

tliban

Jul 29, 2019
go in the config on morph itll say you will have to either kill the wither or goto the nether change the number on the bottom to a 0 IF you want to fly.