more mods for DW20

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

SuperMR

Jul 29, 2019
what mods should i add?
i have added blood magic, carpenter blocks and chisel by now

should i add botania and metallurgy3?

SuperMR

Jul 29, 2019
Rotarycraft and the rest of the bunch (ElectriCraft, ReactorCraft) if they aren't already included.
they are not... but i dont know anything about this mods, i think there are allready enough teck mods...
but if you are sure they are worth it ill add them..

are you jewish?

Last edited:

Ieldra

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2014
Engineer's Toolbox. The DW20 pack is in desperate need of some easy way to convert power. And I'd throw out Hats and Billund.

As for Reika's mods, they're definitely worth playing from my point of view, but there's nothing in them that makes them more suitable to add to DW20 than any other mod. Going from the assumption that you play DW20 rather than Monster because you like its specific style, I'd only add mods that introduce an important feature or remove a specific lack, rather than defining a style as RotaryCraft etc. do.

On the other hand, if you want to explore modded Minecraft and selected DW20 because it's popular and you have some familiarity with it from DW20's LP series, I'd play Monster. Anything you can do in Dw20, you can also do in Monster if you add Ars Magica 2.

Edit:
Note that if you add RotaryCraft to DW20, you won't be able to use the bedrock breaker with the default settings since DW20 has "flat bedrock 1" which means that bedrock is only one level thick, and you can't break the last level with the bedrock breakter. You'll need to change that and uncover more territory.

Last edited:

SuperMR

Jul 29, 2019
Engineer's Toolbox. The DW20 pack is in desperate need of some easy way to convert power. And I'd throw out Hats and Billund.

As for Reika's mods, they're definitely worth playing from my point of view, but there's nothing in them that makes them more suitable to add to DW20 than any other mod.
why did he add billund in the first place?

Moasseman

Jul 29, 2019
Edit:
Note that if you add RotaryCraft to DW20, you won't be able to use the bedrock breaker with the default settings since DW20 has "flat bedrock 1" which means that bedrock is only one level thick, and you can't break the last level with the bedrock breakter. You'll need to change that and uncover more territory.
Does flat bedrock remove the bedrock from the roof of Nether?

Ieldra

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2014
It's by far the easiest place to get bedrock from tho
It's the Nether. It's by definition not easy. Also "flat bedrock 1" means that bedrock is flat AND only 1 level thick. Monster has "flat bedrock 5" which is obviously also flat but 5 blocks thick. If bedrock is thicker than 1, you can use a bedrock breaker pointed downwards for your first two blocks of bedrock-breaking and then continue with a boring machine, and you'll have a continuous line of bedrock to mine from that point onward. That appears rather more easy to me.

Moasseman

Jul 29, 2019
It's the Nether. It's by definition not easy. Also "flat bedrock 1" means that bedrock is flat AND only 1 level thick. Monster has "flat bedrock 5" which is obviously also flat but 5 blocks thick. If bedrock is thicker than 1, you can use a bedrock breaker pointed downwards for your first two blocks of bedrock-breaking and then continue with a boring machine, and you'll have a continuous line of bedrock to mine from that point onward. That appears rather more easy to me.
You've never done RoC to the point where ya need bedrock dust, right =3?

E: By this I ofc mean that if you had, you'd know that the nether roof is by far the easiest and fastest way to get bedrock dust due to Boring machine being able to break it with enough torque.
E2: Then again, Twilight forest ain't bad either if the "fake" bedrock gives dust. (I haven't used TF in ages so no idea)

Narc

Jul 29, 2019
Except the boring machine refuses to work below y=6. Bedrock breaker all the way! Luckily, the breaker itself has a bit of range, so you don't have to move it after *every* block mined.

Reactions: Padfoote

Ieldra

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2014
You've never done RoC to the point where ya need bedrock dust, right =3?
I have, in fact, mined about 50 blocks of bedrock in my current game and I'm using bedrock swords in my AA-driven mobtraps and multiple CVTs in my factory. I mined those, unfortunately, before I knew the boring machine can mine bedrock.

E: By this I ofc mean that if you had, you'd know that the nether roof is by far the easiest and fastest way to get bedrock dust due to Boring machine being able to break it with enough torque.
E2: Then again, Twilight forest ain't bad either if the "fake" bedrock gives dust. (I haven't used TF in ages so no idea)
Actually, the relevant information is that the boring machine doesn't work at Y<6, which I didn't know. If not for that, it would be far easier to mine the overworld bedrock with a boring machine.

And now back to the topic: this is about what mods to add to DW20, and I say there is the additional information to consider that DW20 has "flat bedrock 1", which makes it impossible to mine bedrock at least in the overworld without changing your config.

Cptqrk

Popular Member
Aug 24, 2013
I like to add Roguelike Dungeons to DW20 for my single player world. Those can be quite a challenge on Hard mode if you find one early and are only using Iron armour.
The amount of resources and items you get out of it though? Free enchanting table? Yes please!

ThatOneSlowking

Jul 29, 2019
they are not... but i dont know anything about this mods, i think there are allready enough teck mods...
but if you are sure they are worth it ill add them..

are you jewish?
Why are you asking his religion?
And I suggest Forbidden Magic, really ties AM, TC, and BM together. And also technomancy, ties TC with tech mods really well.

Reactions: Padfoote

egor66

Jul 29, 2019
Fine install BM if you need to but why so many mods needed DW pack is bloated anyway it can & often will lag most mid range PC's late game, why do think DW him self uses a server to host his LP's, because the server carries most of the load not his PC so can capture the vid with little if any lag showing up on screen.

More mods more lag, not many ways around this, on a side note I have not been a lover of BM to date but with some of the changes I am starting to come around, still find it very boring to start & very OP at end but enjoy the mid game more now.

SuperMR

Jul 29, 2019
Fine install BM if you need to but why so many mods needed DW pack is bloated anyway it can & often will lag most mid range PC's late game, why do think DW him self uses a server to host his LP's, because the server carries most of the load not his PC so can capture the vid with little if any lag showing up on screen.

More mods more lag, not many ways around this, on a side note I have not been a lover of BM to date but with some of the changes I am starting to come around, still find it very boring to start & very OP at end but enjoy the mid game more now.
i want more mods thets i like... monster has a lot more mods and it works fine on my pc.. and i dont really like horizons because of some mods

ThatOneSlowking

Jul 29, 2019

I thought he used a server so he could have stuff running while he was offline

Reactions: SuperMR