Monster / mcpc+ server query

HaoSs

Jul 29, 2019
I'm assuming that a lot of you guys use mcpc+ to for server jar. But it seems there is a bug in the current mcpc+. No gametracker can scan the server to see if its online. There is a bug reported on the mcpc github but has bin there for 3+ months now with no response for mod author .
As gametracking sites is somewhat important for a public server. Do anyone know a possible fix for this ? even a viable alternative to mpcp if you know one.

Goshen

Jul 29, 2019
We are using the most current mcpc version and have never had an issue with this.

The server listings do have a problem looking up srv records so you will have to list the actual port of the server on your listing.

HaoSs

Jul 29, 2019
Thx for replay. I managed to make query to work on port 25566. is strange . first time around it did not want to. still. gamecp stops the server after a wile. and does not want to take port 25566 in to account

HaoSs

Jul 29, 2019
well. if it was 1 site. but was all of them. anyway. its working now. using 25566 as query and 25565 as server port. managed to make gamecp to work also putting server end query on 25565.even if the query port is on 25566. probably a gamecp bug ?

Gonna mark this as resolved :) close please

Last edited:

kaovalin

Jul 29, 2019
well. if it was 1 site. but was all of them. anyway. its working now. using 25566 as query and 25565 as server port. managed to make gamecp to work also putting server end query on 25565.even if the query port is on 25566. probably a gamecp bug ?

Gonna mark this as resolved :) close please

If they automatically assume the query port is one more than the game port then this makes perfect sense. They check if the server is online with the game port, and check status info with the query port.

HaoSs

Jul 29, 2019
seems the problem is far from resolved... gametracker sees the server ONLINE sometime .... now i'm getting gametrackerip:randomport connection lost

sometimes it will manage to scan the server and see it online. but then offline again.. damn

kaovalin

Jul 29, 2019
seems the problem is far from resolved... gametracker sees the server ONLINE sometime .... now i'm getting gametrackerip:randomport connection lost

sometimes it will manage to scan the server and see it online. but then offline again.. damn

Its possible that there is some funny business with the firewall on your router or host. If they are scanning more ports than you have opened for the server, its possible that maybe the firewall is temp blocking requests from that IP. Just a thought.

HaoSs

Jul 29, 2019
the connection lost i'm getting in server console. so there definitely something getting trough . also i have 3 MC servers on my server ( different ip's ) and i'm the only one with problem. If i switch to plain bukkit. gametracker scans the server instantly

I'm stuck :) nothing more to test. turned firewalls of.nothing. Gamecp say's its a mcpc problem....

Last edited: