Modular Powersuits out of fashion?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Niels Henriksen

Jul 29, 2019
Apart from the Ender Pearls (not even, because ender lillies and magic crops) Everything else seems fairly cheap. Shiny dust is the only legit rare thing in that, and the diamonds if you want to stretch it.

Yes the shiny dust is only 10% on pulverising Ferrous ore :( But a good thing is that each tesseract can transport liquid, power and items at the same time

Revemohl

Jul 29, 2019
Apart from the Ender Pearls (not even, because ender lillies and magic crops) Everything else seems fairly cheap. Shiny dust is the only legit rare thing in that, and the diamonds if you want to stretch it.
The problem is exactly that half stack of ender pearls. I don't know much about Magical Crops, but getting them the vanilla way is annoying if you haven't already trivialized the game by making an ender farm and ender lillies aren't the most common of fastest thing. At least there might be a stable build of EE3 for 1.6 soon, but then again that kind of trivializes another part of the game.
Shiny dust is somewhat easy to get if you have been silk touching your redstone.

PierceSG

Jul 29, 2019
Eh...by the time you have magical crops for almost any resource, the infrastructure to make the tesseracts and recharging it in a fairly reasonable amiunt of time, you are pretty well developed and nothing should ever faze you in terms of material cost.

Sent from my GT-N8020 using Tapatalk

Vulcan_Legend

Jul 29, 2019
I would think that MPS is starting to be used much more since the new 1.6 packs don't include gravitation suit which many people used for the gravi chest plate

Slovic

Jul 29, 2019
Its an awesome concept, just needs a massive balance overhaul. The main reason why I don't use it because once you have it everything becomes completely trivial. I can see it working as is atm if the hostile mobs would scale or if there were loads of mobs / boss mobs spawning all of the time to actually have a threat, but atm once you get the MPS armor + upgrades you are pretty much unkillable you can even swim in lava. Its way too good atm imo.

Recon

Jul 29, 2019
On our server, we've increased the charging costs for MPS by 100x. We've been playing it like this for a few weeks and its definitely improved things. It pushes the suits out of the early game, giving other armor options legitimate use until you can set up the big powerplants necessary to charge the suits. Also, in the config, its possible to balance the energy use of every tool independently. Its very cool.

There's an issue currently we're hoping will be resolved, as it seems the MPS mod crashes the game when you pick up enriched uranium @MachineMuse will need to update MPS to use Universal Electricity 3.0. But I'm not sure if this is being worked on or not, or when it may be finished. Anybody know?

Giddimani

Jul 29, 2019
I would think that MPS is starting to be used much more since the new 1.6 packs don't include gravitation suit which many people used for the gravi chest plate

What makes the GraviChest that much better than the QuantumChest? The controls of flying, or are there some other options?

RedBoss

Jul 29, 2019
I thought IC2 added flight to the QChest, or just the jetpack flight? (I am not that high in tech tree yet)
The GraviSuite add on mod gives the Gravichest plate which is an upgraded Quantum Chest plate. Base IC2 only recently allowed jetpack flight to the base Quantum Chestplate

KirinDave

Jul 29, 2019
Just an aside: MPSA was not MPS, and it's unfair to hold Muse to that. But MPSA was totally and absurdly OP. Like comically so. In my 1.5 of my series, I was using MPSA to power my entire base. I went to the nether and dove into the lava. I had another similar set of MPS in an ender pouch I'd quickly swap into a draining system. I'd generate about a billion MJ into batteries, then go home. The process took less than 10m and would last me days.

It should never be the case that personal mobility and invulnerability is power positive. It's too gamebreaking. It was one of the few times where I felt demoralized by how powerful a mod was and felt compelled to use it. It's why I refused to hook my mining base up to my core power network; I wanted a reason to have to think about power.