Modular Power suits Question

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

39cluesEKAT

Jul 29, 2019
Low voltage, which means it can be charged in a bat box, MV, charged in an MFE, HV, charged in an MFSU

Zarkov

Mar 22, 2013
What does the IC2 tier do? Thanks!

There doesn't seem to be any reason to increase the value of this setting. Doing so will only restrict where you can charge the armor, without any benefit (afaik).

mushroom taco

Jul 29, 2019
There doesn't seem to be any reason to increase the value of this setting. Doing so will only restrict where you can charge the armor, without any benefit (afaik).
Well for one, it charges faster.
For 2, you can't charge tier 1 in tier 2 machines or tier 3 machines, you can't charge tier 2 in tier 3 machines or tier 1 machines, etc. (IIRC)

The_Enemys

Jul 29, 2019
Well for one, it charges faster.
For 2, you can't charge tier 1 in tier 2 machines or tier 3 machines, you can't charge tier 2 in tier 3 machines or tier 1 machines, etc. (IIRC)

I'm pretty sure that, except for speed (for which I have no idea) charging is independent of tier, unless IC2 changed it. The tier is important for powering hand tools, however, and I think there was a mention of using RE batts/energy crystals/lapotronic crystals to charge at each tier, although I may be misremembering.