Mods with transformation/player change?

Wraithflay

Jul 29, 2019
I've always named my personal pack Ascendance. Why? I like the idea of transcending the normal boundaries of the human state, becoming something more and greater. While I tend to think of this personally in the sense of become an elemental, angelic, or demonic entity, there are other things that qualify. However, very few mods actually allow for such things (that I have encountered), and so I come to the community to ask if there are mods I'm unaware of that others might know.

Presently, I know that Matter Overdrive allows one to become an Android (which is great for a Technology aligned ascendance). I am aware that Witchery allows a player to become a Werewolf and/or Vampire. Finally, there is of course Morph, though I feel that doesn't quite fit the feel of what I'm asking. Unfortunately, there ends my list. There's no standard elementals or alignment flavoured options that I know of, or really much at all to begin with. While I have no illusions that I'll ever see much of the stuff I'd like to see in Minecraft mods, I can still hope to piece together some of the stuff I like piece-meal!

So, do you know of anything to add to this list?

RealKC

Popular Member
Dec 6, 2015
King of the Hill
Thaumic Horizons(an add-on for Thaumcraft 4) allows you to infuse a Corps Efigy(I don't know how to spell that) with different effects, it also allows you to infuse creatures.
Edit: Advanced Genetics adds some stuff too.

Last edited:
Reactions: Wraithflay

Lethosos

Jul 29, 2019
Ars Magica has elemental affinity that add effects as they get stronger.

Sent from my Puzzle Box of Yogg-Saron using Tapatalk 2

Wraithflay

Jul 29, 2019
Ars Magica has elemental affinity that add effects as they get stronger.

Yeah, but does it transform you? As far as I know, it doesn't, but I haven't messed with Ars Magica for quite a while.

Lethosos

Jul 29, 2019
No true transforms, sorry.

thephoenixlodge

Jul 29, 2019
AcademyCraft may meet your criteria. though it doesn't so much transform you as 'unlock' abilities within the player. It's not entirely different to being an cyborg of some sort though, since you do need to install a data terminal on yourself. Cool thing is it randomly assigns you to one of 3 classes, so you can end up with different abilities available to you each world.

Reactions: Wraithflay

Wraithflay

Jul 29, 2019
AcademyCraft may meet your criteria. though it doesn't so much transform you as 'unlock' abilities within the player. It's not entirely different to being an cyborg of some sort though, since you do need to install a data terminal on yourself. Cool thing is it randomly assigns you to one of 3 classes, so you can end up with different abilities available to you each world.
Although you are correct that there doesn't appear to be any actual physical change, I will also admit that it looks DAMN interesting. I'm a sucker for customs HUDs and really fancy sci-tech stuff, so this is something I plan to do some more research on. Thank you for sharing!

thephoenixlodge

Jul 29, 2019
Although you are correct that there doesn't appear to be any actual physical change, I will also admit that it looks DAMN interesting. I'm a sucker for customs HUDs and really fancy sci-tech stuff, so this is something I plan to do some more research on. Thank you for sharing!
Fair warning though, the latest version crashes on dedicated servers, so if you're wanting one of those, use the previous versions of it and its dependency LambdaLib.