Mods that deserve Attention.

ryanjh5521

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks everyone. I am going to create a spreadsheet with all the mods you have reccomended and update it quite frequently.

Sertas

Jul 29, 2019
My spotlight wasn't good enough for you!? :( heh, just kidding. I think DW20 has quite a few he wants to do. The one I am really looking forward to is his spotlight on MFR. That one is one of the oldest in MC. Older than any he has spotlighted that I know of. Can't believe he's never done one. Should be great. :) And ya, no one can give a good mod exposure in such a way to really spotlight a mod as well as he can.

Another newer mod I recently spotlighted (If you all will permit me some shameless plugging) is Extra Utilities. Some really fun toys in that mod. :) And I have another spotlight of a new mod finished (waiting on final Dev approval before making it public) of a really super amazing new mod that not nearly enough people know about as should IMO. But it just released its first alpha last night (anyone know which mod that was?) so is not close to ready for playable worlds. But has an amazing dev team and brilliant start and plans.

BEVO your spot light is AMAZING sir. I truly enjoyed it. That spotlight got me to sub to your channel. The only thing in that spotlight that I was confused about was how to get steel needed for ALL THE THINGS....lol. But, then I remembers it's a spotlight NOT a tutorial so it's perfect, IMHO. As you stated DW20 has a ton of subs (me included) and can really get a mod exposure it needs. DW is like the Oprah of spotlights, without all the pesky give-aways....lol.

I am looking forward to your other spotlights and have started watching your LP series as well. I love light-hearted LP's and the banter between you and the other people on the server. Hopefully, I'll get to resurrect my own series soon. Scheduling with my wife (i.e. getting her to give me the time to do it) has been a challenge lately...lol.

Lambert2191

Jul 29, 2019
Depending on your level of laziness Craft and Enchant, is also useful for getting those annoying hard to get enchants.
I don't think it's a matter of laziness. I don't find tedium fun. Stitting at the bottom of a mob spawner clicking a mouse button over and over, then taking a book to an enchanting table to get frustrated and irritated and just generally pissed off that 30 levels going you something diabolically shitty like projectile prot 1, is not fun. It's tedius and boring to the absolute extreme. And to do that hundreds of times until you get the enchants you want is not why I play minecraft.
Enchantplus fixes the pathetically broken vanilla system.

southernfriedbb

Jul 29, 2019
I don't think it's a matter of laziness. I don't find tedium fun. Stitting at the bottom of a mob spawner clicking a mouse button over and over, then taking a book to an enchanting table to get frustrated and irritated and just generally pissed off that 30 levels going you something diabolically shitty like projectile prot 1, is not fun. It's tedius and boring to the absolute extreme. And to do that hundreds of times until you get the enchants you want is not why I play minecraft.
Enchantplus fixes the pathetically broken vanilla system.

I'm not calling you lazy Lambert, I agree with you, vanilla enchanting sucks. My use of lazy, refers to the fact that EnchantingPlus is one block, and craft and enchant uses three blocks, so it takes a little extra effort to produce the same results, but it has a few other nice features, like the repair system, which is much better than vanilla (IMO) anvils.

EDIT: cleaned up a few grammatical derps.

Catarooni

Jul 29, 2019
Gulliver's Resizing mod. It doesn't seem like it would effect gameplay much, but it's changed the entire way I play.

http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic...e-of-minecraft-over-90000-downloads/#download

Sculpting and painting in minecraft. It's as awesome as it sounds. Works with Railcraft blocks, not tried many others. Functional blocks lose their function when carved or painted on, but that's kind of to be expected.

http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/1716516-151147012mine-painter-simple-sculpture-and-pixel-art/