Mods that deserve Attention.

ryanjh5521

Jul 29, 2019
Hey guys. So the basic idea of this thread is to give some new mods the attention that they deserve. Post any mod here. I am going to add a few rules to a thread.
1: Do not flame
2: Consider the mood of your post before you post it.
3: Dont stray off topic.

I have one mod I would like to add here myself. There is this mod that adds bee breeding guides to NEI.
The thread is here: http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/1803460-147151152-nei-bees-plugin-v13/[DOUBLEPOST=1369138819][/DOUBLEPOST]Also please not this thread is not intended to say what mods we think should be added to FTB, but rather a way to expose new mods that dont get as mich attention as they should.

Ember Quill

Nov 2, 2012
RotaryCraft. Mod is incredible. Would be awesome in Ultimate FTB and TechWorld. I hope Dire or someone on the FTB Team tells DW of this mod. It NEEDS exposure.

http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/1685078-151forgetechrotarycraft-machines-power-automation/
This looks really REALLY cool. The power system would be a lot of fun to mess with, but at the same time I'm fairly certain that I'd never use most of the machines it actually powers.

One mod I just discovered is OreDupeFix. It basically unifies ore processing recipes much like GregTech does, so it's really useful for people playing without GT. It has the advantage of being easily configurable to work with any items that have entries in the Forge Ore Dictionary.

ShneekeyTheLost

Too Much Free Time
Dec 8, 2012
Lost as always
Enchanting Plus. Granted, it does more than I'd prefer, but the one thing it does that I wholeheartedly approve of is removing the asinine randomization of enchants. Seriously, with mob grinders able to provide you with nearly limitless experience, the only thing this does is make enchanting a pointless time grind.

thestarlion

Jul 29, 2019
Because with Mo Creatures, Thaumcraft Angry Zombies don't spawn? and because their policy on mod packs means FTB can't include it?

Sertas

Jul 29, 2019
Here's a few of my favorites:
Craft and Enchant - A slightly more involved alternative to Enchanting Plus.
Wild Caves 3 - Makes caves more interesting.
Underground Biomes - Makes world gen more interesting.
Dimensional Doors - Get your own pocket Dimension
Extra Utilities - Colored Blocks, and a nice pipe system

I'm going to look at all of these today. I am modifying another modpack (not associated with FTB) that is up to 1.5.2 and these look like nice additions.

natnif36

Jul 29, 2019
I wish everything by Immibis got more attention :/
He is an amazing dither who's mods can do amazing things, like liquid xp, and for those who like CC, there's Immibis Periferals - the packs contain RichardG867s misc Periferals, yet not Immibis ones - outrage!

And in 1.2.5 tubestuff was amazing - the autocracy table mj, the saviour of people who disliked BC2, and was the only other option, and the only one that worked with tubes. Now a lot of mods can do this, but its still amazing - worth it for the liquid/item duplicators alone, a miracle for keeping server trade-I-mats stocked with various items (My server had a trade I may selling an uncoloured ender pouch for a stack if string, as canvas bags were banned, however due to them not stacking, keeping the Chet stocked would have been laborious without this, also the lava machine - people will pump the nether anyways, this way there's only 1 chunk loaded and no liquid updates - saved tons of lag.)

Infitubes - also extremely useful, and very versatile - a lot of functionality similar to other mods by now, but still has many unique factors.
He also intergrates a lot with TE community - and him and KL are the only two people who dare question Gregs code! He helped Greg a lot actually when he was starting out and experimenting with a lot of new things, and problems with updates, light, item, block, lag - Immibis explained quite a lot and there, KL mostly comes and compliments Greg in his multiblocks :p

He is active, expert at things involving packet data; and is open and friendly. He explained in detail in a different thread why MPS uses a lot of bandwidth, for example.

And here on our forums he isn't even recognised as a mod author...

Reactions: Bevo and agaricus

Dravarden

Jul 29, 2019
I wish everything by Immibis got more attention :/
He is an amazing dither who's mods can do amazing things, like liquid xp, and for those who like CC, there's Immibis Periferals - the packs contain RichardG867s misc Periferals, yet not Immibis ones - outrage!

And in 1.2.5 tubestuff was amazing - the autocracy table mj, the saviour of people who disliked BC2, and was the only other option, and the only one that worked with tubes. Now a lot of mods can do this, but its still amazing - worth it for the liquid/item duplicators alone, a miracle for keeping server trade-I-mats stocked with various items (My server had a trade I may selling an uncoloured ender pouch for a stack if string, as canvas bags were banned, however due to them not stacking, keeping the Chet stocked would have been laborious without this, also the lava machine - people will pump the nether anyways, this way there's only 1 chunk loaded and no liquid updates - saved tons of lag.)

Infitubes - also extremely useful, and very versatile - a lot of functionality similar to other mods by now, but still has many unique factors.
He also intergrates a lot with TE community - and him and KL are the only two people who dare question Gregs code! He helped Greg a lot actually when he was starting out and experimenting with a lot of new things, and problems with updates, light, item, block, lag - Immibis explained quite a lot and there, KL mostly comes and compliments Greg in his multiblocks :p

He is active, expert at things involving packet data; and is open and friendly. He explained in detail in a different thread why MPS uses a lot of bandwidth, for example.

And here on our forums he isn't even recognised as a mod author...

I love his microblocks, they actually work with other mods! I started using thaumic tinkerer, and just added the IDs of smokey quartz... boom, it worked.

natnif36

Jul 29, 2019
:S Did, in my rant in Favor of Immibis forget what is (in 1.5) one of his most important mods?
The mod that isn't a core mod that goes in with the core mods, while his mod that is a core mod doesn't go in with the core mods?
Yeah, that one is epic.
As long as you don't attaching then to TE conduits, that's pretty much the only crash I am aware if with them.
And unlike RP MicroBlocks, each block isn't a separate Tile Entity, so they don't cause ANYWHERE near the amount of lag RP ones can tend to if over-used.