Mods compatible with TFC?

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Shunraiki

Jul 29, 2019
I recently played a mod called Terra Firma Craft and so far i really enjoy it xD
But a problem i had with the mod is that it's seems to be incompatible with most mods i know... Due to it's overhaul to..... well everything.
While it's fun to play it, i'd like to know what other mods i can just put in the mods folder and play without any problems. Although mods that require a minor config change to be compatible is fine too ^^

I'm using the minecraft 1.7.10 version of TFC btw, if that helps :3

Reactions: 1SDAN

Strikingwolf

Jul 29, 2019
I found and played that mod for a while before (that modpack's the reason why i play TFC in the first place xD) But i'm kinda looking for a 1.7.10 version since A LOT of changes and balancing has changed in the latest update.
Yeah me to :( (except I've been a TFC and BTW kinda person since the beginning)

kev12east

Jul 29, 2019
Technofirma is now updated to MC 1.7.10

On the topic of mod compatibility:
For almost all things, the mod must have native compatibility for TFC features, or use open-ended things that are in common with TFC (ore dictionary). Recipes can be difficult, as not every mod uses ore dictionary, and Minetweaker and Modtweaker only modify so many mods. Ore generation is another issue, it is one thing to make the ores spawn, it is another to find them and make them fit in with TFC. For instance, any ore added to TFC via the config file can not be prospected for, not will it share TFC's stone texture(s). All things considered, it's probably more work than it needs to be.